Thursday, July 21, 2011

MIRACLES, MIRACLES and MORE MIRACLES!

Well I knew that this month of craziness was coming, but can I tell you--this has been a CHOICE last month.

TREEBEES CAME OUT!


I will have to save this for another blog post, but Taylor came out and what a blast we had together! She is so grown up now. Not the little girl that I used to let crawl in bed with me. We entered our four-wheeling into the parade, got an awesomely sore sunburn, painted and organized with mom and dad, took a ride up the mountain, visited temples, and went on a lagoon trip. The boys and Taybabe actually got me to go on "Wicked". A one time, won't ever do it again, but this 30 year old next year went on Wicked! ;) I love you Taylor!


WEDDINGS
Some choice choice things have happened.
First, Lizi and Dave got married!! There were so many miracles that came together to have these two hook up! God pulled out all the stops! First of all, finding a brides maids dress--in any style/color--just not going to happen. Took that one to the Lord and felt to go onto Target. I pull up a dress, and order it right then. Maybe it would work. Well a week before the wedding, I went shopping everywhere and I kid you not there was NOTHING! So the dress from Target had to be the one. When JiHye came to my door, I almost started to cry. We had almost perfectly- the exact same color of dress on!! God's Hand!

The night before Lizi's wedding there was a great big party with all her family. The weather looked like it was going to dump on us and why wouldn't it? After all it had been dumping every night for about a week, and it seemed to come in about 6pm. Some prayers were said. Lizi said she would embrace the rain since it has rained on all her sister's weddings. The rains passed us... and just went south sending a beautiful rainbow at the end of the evening! The next day, I watched the hour weather and at 2pm it was to dump in Manti, and at 6 pm dump in springville. I pleaded and prayed as I am sure others did. Manti... the storm clouds came and thunder, but went south of the temple... giving great beautiful skys for pictures. And that night, the storm threatened to show its wet little head, but again, partially black clouds rolled in and stayed slightly south. It never rained on us at either location. Coincidence!? NO way!

I have never seen a couple stare into each others eyes as intently as Lizi and Dave did over the alter. It was beauitful, and truly it was a choice blessing to see their paths finally start on the sealed road.

ENDOWMENTS

Last week brought Davey and Mandi talking out their endowments! This choice choice couple, who have worked so hard to prepare to go through the temple--had all amounts of opposition possible--DID IT! It was so choice to be in the house of the Lord with them! All of course in preparation for their sealing.

AZ
Then it was down to AZ for Jess and Matt's wedding. Another miracle pulled by god. Matt just joined the church two years ago I believe. Jess went to AZ to prepare for a mission, in her preparation, she met Matt, followed some impressions and here they were sealed together. In their sealing, I have never had a couple enter the room with already such a sweet spirit. Whatever the Sealer had talked to the couple about--brought the spirit into the room, and it was a very intimate feeling, again, brought in with their prior meeting. That was sweet to experience that!

CLUSTER ACTIVITY

Then came Monday night with our first Cluster activity for church. Six ward Singles activity. No one has ever done one before and our ward was the first to be in charge. I have to say, I have the best committee ever! And my co-chair is a hard worker and gives freely of himself. The heavens were pouring, but in faith, and lots of prayers we drove to our spot in the canyon. I text Bishop Lifferth and told him we needed his prayers. (That man has sweet, deep, powerful faith!) Literally 7:03-05ish the rains completely ceased. (It had been a downpour and some good bouts of lighting with in a quarter mile or less... to blue sky and green grass beauty! We figured we had a little over 325 there. Our committee was amazing! The other co-chairs were great. I left re-leaved the activity was over, but also filled with deep gratitude for God's miracles in not only the weather, but the event as well.

KNEE MIRACLE
So had all intentions of going to institute last night, but when I called up and spoke with my dad, he said that he had done something to his knee??? He hadn't done anything out of the ordinary, but was in so much pain (no matter how he turned his knee) that the pain was literally taking away his breath. I told him that he needed a blessing. He agreed through the pain, but didn't want to brother my brother because he was so busy last night. But when I told him Marsh was not coming down to the valley he consented to have Brytt come over. I felt impressed to grab a neighbor a few doors down that is quite old and has a messed up body himself. I knocked on the door. He immediately went to his room and with quite a process (because of his body) changed into a church shirt, pants and shoes. Hunched over we walked over to my place.

The oil was administered. The spirit was sweet. My brother sealed the blessing. His voice changed—great power and authority were present. And my dad’s body was commanded to be made whole. Very short, to the point blessing. Nothing much extra. But there was power. I almost felt bad for my neighbor taking all that time to get ready to come over for less than a 2 min stop. I walked him home and over and over he gave thanks for being asked to help with a blessing. He was so grateful to be asked. Brytt left. I felt to not go to instituted and although my dad’s knee was not swollen at all/or red- nothing visibly telling that there was pain, we wrapped it in ice and I hurried and searched for some type of movie to keep his mind not focused on the discomfort. Kungfu Panda won! My dad watched the movie (which is quite odd because he HATES seeing movies more than once). The movie ended and he made a comment that his knee was feeling drastically better. We had family scripture study, prayer, sent him to bed with a new ice pack wrapped around his knee.

He slept great. The ice pack stayed the whole time. He woke— and his knee, completely healed. As if there had never been the take your breath away pain as the day before! This is nothing short of God's hand! Oh How I love the priesthood!

CAN IT EVEN GET BETTER?!
A year ago exactly today, this picture was taken. I witnessed the most sacred civil wedding I have ever witnessed! TODAY! I took this picture!

One SMOK'n HOT Freshley sealed family!! How choice it was to see these two kneel across the alter, and to stair into each others eyes. Davey was taken back with so much emotion. Then, little Sammi Sunshine came into the room, and Davey and Mandi were both overcome. There was such a sweet spirit that filled the room. I was overcome. I think most of us in there were.... This little girl, that brought this sweet family together. From Davey wanting to be a father, to finding his faith, checking out the church, getting baptized, working to be worthy of the priesthood, marriage, providing for his family, and working hard towards the temple. I will tell you what, life is choice!!
God is, a God of miracles. I am a witness of them! These three choice couples that God wanted me to witness the miracle of their weddings. Each of them custom/tailor made by God. Maybe He is trying to tell me something!

Each temple has the words, "Holiness to the Lord" on the outside of the temple.
What does it mean to have Holiness? One definition of Holy is dedicated or devoted to the service of God, the church, or religion... (Dictionary.com). Dedication or Devotion to THE SERVICE of GOD, CHURCH, RELIGION. Well that sums up what we should be striving for don't you think?! Of course to ALWAYS remembering the Savior, Loving God and Jesus Christ comes first.

Oh it has been so sweet. Almost consuming being around all these choice weddings back to back. God knows what He is doing. I am so happy he has given us a prophet on the earth, that leads us and guides us. There is a plan! God wants us to be happy, and to return to live with Him.

Has God ceased being a god of miracles?! NO WAY! If you are questioning it, serve, if you are finding less happiness than desired, serve, love, support, lift. There are miracles to be had, daily! I know this to be true!

Oh Davey and Mandi, what a sweet sweet day today! Love you!