Thursday, June 10, 2010

BE AND ABIDE IN


I had forgotten how cool the word "grace" is! One I found the definition in the bible dictionary--the word and several different scriptures have taken on a whole other level of understanding!
Bible Dictionary - GRACE = divine means of help or strength, given through the bounteous mercy and love of Jesus Christ.

So just a few scriptures, (with some emphasis added on my end) I have replaced the word grace with "help/strength". These verses were beautiful to me before, but now the meaning has taken on so much more!

Moroni 10:32-33
Yea, come unto Christ, and be perfected in him, and deny yourselves of all ungodliness; and if ye shall deny yourselves of all ungodliness, and love God with all your might, mind and strength, then is his [help/strength] sufficient for you, that by his [help/strength] ye may be perfect in Christ; and if by the [help/strength] of God ye are perfect in Christ, ye can in nowise deny the power of God.

And again, if ye by the [help/strength] of God are perfect in Christ, and deny not his power, then are ye sanctified in Christ by the [help/strength] of God, through the shedding of the blood of Christ, which is in the covenant of the Father unto the remission of your sins, that ye become holy, without spot.

Ether 12:26-27,36,41
...my [help/strength] is sufficient for the meek...

...my [help/strength] is sufficient for all men that humble themselves before me...

...I prayed unto the Lord that he would give unto the Gentiles [help/strength], that they might have charity.

...And now, I would commend you to seek this Jesus of whom the prophets and apostles have written, that the [help/strength] of God...Jesus Christ...and the Holy Ghost,...may be and abide in you forever. Amen.

Takes on a whole new meaning, right?! Love it!!

GRACE!