Friday, June 14, 2013

BOOK RECOMMENDATION!




Book Review!
Securing Your Family Legacy 
by Douglas Cloward

Would I recommend this book?
Hands down, YES!

I am single, but the book is about families, still worth the read?
Yes. My thoughts have been directed and inspired with what I want to do with my personal life now and my own future family.

What was my overall takway?
The world sure needs this (!)—and-- I want/will be more intentional with my life and especially with the relationships of love and influence I have in my sphere of exsistence.

Few of my favorite quotes from the book:
  • “Before we can make character-defining stands, we must know what our standards are.”
  • “Do you know how to control the heartbeat of your home?”
  • “I didn’t have their blood, but I was being infused with their values and heritage.”
  • “The most effective self-security system parents can erect begins with a clearly defined code of family conduct, honor, and personal character.”
  • “…choices always come with consequences.”
  • “……we are all busy. Even people who aren’t doing anything are busy doing it!”
  • “Traditions can be started anytime. You are in charge of them…”
  • “The dreams, hopes, and influence of intentional parents hold the power to direct and change the world.”

*The last chapter of this book reenforces Hollands councel about dreaming and the need to dream-- 
“God expects you to have enough faith and determination and enough trust in Him to keep moving, keep living, keep rejoicing. In fact, He expects you not simply to face the future (that sounds pretty grim and stoic); He expects you to embrace and shape the future--to love it and rejoice in it and delight in your opportunities.“ God is anxiously waiting for the chance to answer your prayers and fulfill your dreams, just as He always has. But He can’t if you don’t pray, and He can’t if you don’t dream. In short, He can’t if you don’t believe.” Jeffrey R. Holland
  **When people asked me about my Dad’s book, I would tell them what I knew about it and that I was excited for it to be printed, but I did not feel like I could promote what I had not read myself. WELL—I have read it, (surprise Dad :) !! ) and I endorse this book full heartily. I would sign my name on it, and not at all because I share the author's blood, but because I have read for myself and have been inspired by the truths brought before my mind and heart! 

Way to go Dad!! Can't wait for your novel and other books to be be published! You are gifted in story writing!!

I love you!

To my family, friends, and anyone who wants to live an intentional life with their family... I highly recommend reading, Securing Your Family Legacy.



Happiness is someone following through with an impression--and that impression
having a direct impact on MY life.
Grateful for snuggle time with those I love on a porch!