Saturday, May 1, 2010

...DID FALL UPON THEM

...when they were all baptized and had come up out of the water, the Holy Ghost did fall upon them, and they were filled with the Holy Ghost and with fire. 3 Nep 19:13
The disciples had been praying for that which they "most desired"=the Holy Ghost. And being in the right place at the right time--"the Holy Ghost did fall upon them".

How beautiful this parallel is for me. For I have truly witnessed this all week.

Catie invited me to go with her to the temple on Tues. In preparation for this weekend, I thought not to go to the temple until later in the week, but when Catie invited me I felt to go.

On the way to the temple I saw my favorite UTAH pedestrian! I think I have blogged about her before. This woman sits in her wheelchair and with feet and arms she wheels along the streets of Provo. I once jumped out of my car a few years ago to offer her a coat on a very cold morning, but she kindly declined. I always study her and her dedication of wheeling along. Then one morning as I was watching her I wept as I saw deeper into her life. My trip to the temple had me stopped at an interception to wait for her to cross. Can you see?

I do not know the story of why she only has one foot, but seeing her going through the journey, despite challenges, I can not help but take courage for my own life! This woman is doing it with 5 toes and a metal pole. This temple trip allowed her to "fall" right in front of my camera so I could document such a dedicated daughter of God.

Then in the temple, I was absolutely filled. And I wept over the things that happened in the temple. Just small insights that do big things for my soul! I was grateful for Catie's inspired invitation.
The invitation, the woman's street crossing, and the temple visit were blessings that "fell" upon me.

Tues and Wed I was working quite late and Patti made a comment that changed/enhanced the project I was working on--making the ideas I was working on, come easier! Then Thursday night, I felt to go visit a friend, then to the church where a met a mother of a sister, then as I was driving to see a single mother, I saw a car that is never home and the spirit said to stop. I did. And low and behold this amazing girl was at her place and allowed me to come in. We talked, and I was filled. Then to the surprise visit of someone in the family ward. We discussed praying and it was clear she was not sure how to pray. How sweet it was to share the principle of prayer.

I left overwhelmed with gratitude that I would be able to witness God's mercies so much. A couple of phone calls topped off my night as I friend shared that she was had been fully fellowship and a sister who although sick and way to later her time, wanted to call to say she loved me.

Then Friday morning, off to see Yannie get her endowment! One of the workers came out of incitory weeping. She said it was her first time assisting with an ordinance for a live session. She was deeply moved by the chance of getting to look in the eyes of the patron. And her "moved" moved me and we both hugged rejoicing. Then to the celestial room when I spoke with a woman that had just gone through the temple for herself in Oct, and she and her husband are now striving to be sealed. I felt her dedication to God. She spoke of the long battle it had been to get to the temple, but how sweet the fruit was of finally being there. Again, weeping and rejoicing.

After that it was off to a lunch date with Yannie's future in-laws-- and I was impressed with how much love and respect the couple showed for one another. Such consideration.

As I left lunch I received an inspired text from Lizi asking me to name 10 things that make me ridiculously happy. As I listed my 10--I learned somethings about myself. She then text me asking "what would be the most important thing you want your future children to know?" Another question that just solidified everything I had just experienced in the temple. Thanks Lizi girl!!

Then last night brought Sam's surprise phone call and then skype session from China! What a kid! After that it was off with a 100 cookies to the Hodges house for today's wedding. I pulled up to find Elder Hodges on his lawn mower. He motioned for me to just go into the house. As I walked up the stairs I could hear his whistling over the sound of the mower. Truly a "whistle while you work" moment and I could not stop smiling at the musical display of his joy and inner peace--even while he was working!

Then this morning, a beautiful picture Sam shot with his new camera in China! I had to throw it into photoshop to add a saying that came to my mind as I viewed the picture. And as I typed it I was moved by the thought of the great song. (FYI--I did not tweak his picture at all in photoshop - so kuddos to you Sam! Great shot!:)


And now, God led me to read about how the Holy Ghost did "fall" upon the disciples.

...!!

Physically speaking, if something falls and I am not there--I will miss whatever is falling down! Whether that be: blessings, impressions, angels, revelation, guidance, promptings, the spirit, insight, peace, comfort, someone's heart, a brother or sister, a family member, a stranger. Those disciples--had they chosen to sleep in that morning and not be there at the water, the Holy Ghost would have "fallen" down, but not in their bedroom! Spiritually speaking, I don't want to be sleeping in my bedroom when there are things of the spirit to catch or people to rescue from falling. And even times like with dad--when he passed out in the parking lot and I held on to him as long as I could and then with no longer arms or strength I had to let him fall the rest of the way to the pavement--God had allowed me to be there. And although I could not keep him from falling, I was their to at least lessen the angle of the fall and then right after run for help.

Rain drops keep falling on my head seems maybe a better title for this blog. :) Or rather, blessings keep falling on my head. :)

My re-occurring lesson this week is rather more recommitting than anything. I just want to be about my father's business. Whether that is at home, at school or at play-- I just want to do his will and bidding. For that is where my greatest joys in life are.

D&C 64:29 says --
"Wherefore, as ye are agents, ye are on the Lord's errand; and whatever ye do according to the will of the Lord is the Lord's business."
-- Oh I so want to do the "Lord's business". And like President Monson, I too say to the Lord, "If there is an errand that needs to be done, send Bryndi Cloward--I'll do it!" Whether in the walls of my home/family or outside at church, work, WHEREVER.. here am I, send me.

--still a work in progress! I have so much to work on, but the battle is worth fighting.

ONWARD AND UPWARD!!