Sunday, August 8, 2010

CHANGE

change: to make the form, nature, content, future course, etc., of (something) different from what it is or from what it would be if left alone:
God is definitely wanting me to becoming something different because my life is not to be left alone. Nor would I want to be left alone. :)

Nephi and his family as soon as they landed in the promise land they fasted in gratitude to God for bringing them to their destination safely and I am sure for a whole lot of other gratitude feelings. Today I fasted to in gratitude for the chance to be in the Provo South Stake. It all started back in 2005 after leaving a sacrament meeting in the Deaf ward and having a friend ask me to join the ward. I shook my head and said that I wasn't deaf and didn't have any deaf family members. But she said the bishop was new and I should try to join the ward. I went out to my car not giving it a second thought, but while in my car, the spirit told me to go back in and talk to the bishop. That decision started a chain reaction.

I was able to be over the sunbeams. Then I was blessed with a choice calling in YW's and worked with two amazing presidents. Lynn Snarr saw something that I could not see in myself, and had the courage/faith to put me as a councilor. Then Becca took over and had the faith and courage to keep me as a councilor. Oh the things I learned from both of these women.

Then a singles ward was formed and Becca's husband Ben Larson, was made the new bishop. Our stake president asked all the young singles to go and support the ward. I do believe in being obedient to my leaders. I went and--the choice blessing unfolded. I have never worked with such worthy priesthood holders in such a way. The last two years of the East Bay 3rd ward has been life changing.

All of these choice blessing because Heavenly father wanted me to "change" up which ward I was attending.

Well, that time for "change" has come yet again. This week in the temple after trying to discern/get over a horrible dream--by the time I left the temple, I knew I was to change wards/stakes. Never have I even given this much thought! Why would I leave the very thing that has helped bring innumerable blessings and choice people into my life?!!

However, I know in whom I trust.

Today was my first day at my new ward. The most beautiful LDS chapel I think I have ever been in. (Granted I haven't been in a TON, so this isn't saying much, but with the choir tours and the mission, I feel I have had a good exposure to different buildings. ;)) Stain glass windows and murals in the sacrament room--breath taking. In a way it was like being in an older temple with all the custom work. Such work brings another level of devotion and spirit to the whole experience. I sat in aw as I looked at the handy work (basically the handy work-to/in devotion to god)--it was beautiful.

Going to this new ward, and leaving behind the one of the choicest blessings for me of my old ward and the people associated with it, was a very sobering one. It has been a tear filled week.

My new ward is great, and everywhere I turned today I found powerhouses for God. I am not sure what I am suppose to accomplish or rather the things God would have me learn--but this I do know that all the past changes in my life that God has led me through, in the end, I always finish out that "change" with a day of fasting in pure gratitude for what God has done for my life. That was my fasting today.

To all those that have influenced my life in the last several years--I am in debt. Choice, choice brothers and sisters. Choice friends and people who I want to aspire to become more like when I grow up. I am counting my blessings by the buckets full. So grateful I am for the time I have been given to be in the Provo South Stake.

John Bytheway made the comment that Nephi said he will go and do. Not sit and stew. I have no idea why this needed change, but I will not sit and stew. I will go and do.

Change. Nothing like baptism by immersion!