Friday, January 28, 2011

DESKTOP DOWNLOAD


I told you I was obsessed with Richard G. Scott's quote! This picture (something from the Caribbean) is my laptop background. If you want it, you are welcome to download it.

Elder D. Todd Christofferson just gave a masterful talk on "Give Us This Day Our Daily Bread". If you haven't read it/listened to it--I promise it is WELL WORTH your time. He brings about the principle of praying for our daily bread. Well this morning, knowing I was going to get up and jog, but also knowing I have been cheating and can't seem to go the distance I have set, I knelt down before exercising and pleaded that God would make a way for me to accomplish the task before me. I walked out my door, and found a THICK fog ground cover. So thick that I could barely see down the street. But as I looked up, the fog was thin enough to see the moon and couple of stars. I smiled quite big and sent praises up! God is soo good!

By covering my end goal/blocking my sight I wasn't tempted to tell myself it was too far. I had to keep going, because I couldn't see the end. I could look up, and know I was still connected with the moon and stars (HEAVEN), but to see forward--my view was covered with thick fog. He does this in my life too. Sometimes we think if we see the end goal, it will make us work all the more harder. And sometimes it does. But for a goal that seems unreachable, I am so thankful a loving Heavenly Father gives me my paces/steps in small doses. So that when I finally reach my target, I will be amazed/am amazed at how far He got me to go. Just a portion to see in front of me, that portion becomes the amount of "Daily" bread = enough to get through that moment.

Finished my jog in deep gratitude. Lots of prayer went up in thanks.

Oh Lord, My God...when I IN awesome wonder...

The Church is true!