Tuesday, September 6, 2011

WHAT ARE YOU THINKING!?!


The other day I was speaking with a friend. She brought her friend (I will call her Sue) over to meet me. I shook Sue's hand and tried to get to know her a little. She seemed to be a really cute girl. That is the last I saw of this girl.

Later I overheard my girlfriend tell someone else, how her friend, Sue, was out visiting. That she was frustrated with her marriage and while she has been out here came in contact (my guess is she had been in previous contact) with an old friend from her not so long ago teen days. My friend then casually told me how Sue had spent a few days with this guy. My friend told Sue that she was going to get in trouble to which Sue replied that she didn't care. My friend mentioned she was pretty sure she had already slept with him and didn't know when she was going to go back to her husband.

I was sick. I asked my friend what she had counseled Sue to do and to which she replied that "It's not my life or choice what she does with her life". OH, WAKE UP--my dear dear friend...

The conversation left me ill feeling.

I have pondered even in my own life what makes my life less wonderful then other times. What makes me "numb" to the spirit?

I stopped holding to the iron rod or at least slackened my grip.



If we do not hold on to God's word and make it a constant standard in our life, it is so much easier, at least I have found this to be true for me, to have a hard heart. To let complacency, and lax in ones commitments to truth and righteousness--spill into the gaps that a lax commitment leaves.
Oh hold on to ones covenants! One's promises! Hold on to God's promises.

After my friend shared me how it wasn't her life and who was she to tell Sue that she was doing wrong... I pondered over my own roll in life. I surely have many weaknesses, but when someone is falling off a cliff, do I allow them to fall without even reaching out to rescue/secure them? The "drop" let go of ones commitments can be death to the soul.

Dear Sue--and any Sue's out there. No matter how hard things are--turn to God! Regardless of what, even a well intentioned man is doing to console you or to give you peace, turn to God! God will be your strength, give you life, lift your soul. There is always hope! Jesus Christ is your hope. Think of all you will be sacrificing. Is it worth it? !!!!!!!!!!!!!! To anyone who is flirting with temptation. Be like Joseph--FLEE! Don't even allow your thoughts to go there. There is not wisdom. I remember at work, that I needed to go get a hardware piece and needed one of my computer guys to pick it up. I had the credit card and he had the brains. We drove together to the store. How uneasy I felt. This man-married, and although we are friends, 10 + years apart I felt the tugging of the spirit whisper that I should not be alone with him in a car, but that we should take a third person. This man, a dear friend, would never do anything, but we are told to avoid the very appearance of evil! And out of respect for his wife, and to follow the impression from God-- I to this day have never gone anywhere alone with him.

What are you thinking?!
Hold to the rod! If you have slipped, do all you can to firm up once again your commitments to God.
I can truly testify that I am happiest when I am keeping God's commandments. When I am not flirting with temptation. When I am being true to my God and the covenants I have made.

Oh Dear Sue - regardless of how bad something might seem or how hopeless your life might feel, turn to God. Do not flirt with the temptation of ruining your marriage, your future posterity, yourself worth. But what's that you say, your marriage is already ruined? TURN TO GOD!

Dear Friend, yes it is not our life to live for our friends, and yes it is their choice. But what friend are we to allow someone we know and love to administer poison without even apposing with love and concern?

Yes we are all free to choose.

What was she thinking?! --I don't believe she was. I believe we can become numb to the spirit and it's promptings, that seemingly innocent little flirting turns into hidden lies, and secrets. God is not a god of secrets. That is the Devil's tool.

Dear One who hurts, things may look dark, but Jesus Christ is the light of the world, and if you will turn to Him, even in what may feel like your darkest hours --they CAN BE filled with light! Great light! Hold on!

Small and simple things-- great things come to pass. Just as this canyon was not carved out over night, but by much time, pressure, storms, winds, floods, and rivers--little over little, a GREAT thing came to pass. So it is in opposite sense. Little flirting with temptations, seemingly innocent at first--great destruction can come to pass.

Who are you looking to be your Rock?!

What does it mean to dwell and abide?! STEADFAST AND IMMOVABLE!


There is only one SURE foundation--there is only ONE Rock!

Dear one flirting with temptation- ask yourself, "Is it worth it?"