Monday, August 29, 2011

...I CAN BE A CRIPPLE

Went to a fireside last night and at the every end of the fireside the speaker shared a little about his sister. I believe he said when she went on her mission there was an accident. (I think involving the car? Don't quote me.) From this accident it left her paralyzed basically from the chest down. She can move her arms, but not her hands and she can move her neck and head. That is it. She has been living the last 50 years of her life this way. She told her brother that she always wanted to be a mother. But she can't be that. She always wanted to be a missionary, but she can't be one. So then, she asked the the question:
What CAN I be?! ... I CAN BE a cripple.
And with that stamina inside of her that is what she has been. The speaker shared how she constantly is praising God for all that she has. And praises Him that she can be a cripple.

This woman has had multiple healing blessings... and from every prophet since David O. Mckay, even President Monson's Secretary called because President Monson had heard she was ill and wanted to make sure that she was okay. But for whatever reason God has not allowed her to be healed yet. The speaker pointed out that surely she WOULD HAVE been healed had it been okay with God. But in his infinite, all knowing wisdom has not allowed that miracle to occur to this woman. And she, trusting in God-- has told her brother that if this is how God planned for her earth life existence to go, than His plan and perfect knowledge was good enough for her and she would continue to be what she can be. And what she can be is a cripple. So for 50 years she has embraced God's plan for her.

The story was inspiring to me. God giveth and He taketh away-- blessed be the name of the Lord! (see Job 1:21)

Who/what can I be?
Complainer
Faith Builder
A Disturber and an Annoyer of the Devil's Kingdom
Positive
Negative
Faith-filled
Faith Sucker
Doubter
Up-lifter
Healer
Patient
Long suffering
Pessimistic
Fearful
Trusting...

I think you get the idea.

What a great example this woman is to me! And I have never met her.

REUNION
I wish I could go into more details about Reunion because it was literally my life for the past three+ months...but time will only permit a few shout outs.

For every event--I have the amazing ability/opportunity to work with Marin Barney! She is our, Heritage Makers Creative Director. I LOVE working with this woman! Not only can the girl design (and thank goodness because I do not) but she has GREAT work ethics and she is willing to give and go with the ideas one has invisioned. Not to mention that she has her own treasure chest of awesome ideas. Seriously, any marketing/creative time would be blessed to have her. BUT HA-- we have her so hence-- Heritage Makers is very blessed!

She won't want me to speak of her so highly, but I speak the truth. I love working with this woman.

When we did the site inspection we hashed out some ideas of what we could do for our five year time line. Of course Marin brought out her quick on the spot, brilliant ideas and we hashed out a plan to make an arch way going down a 16 1/2 wide walk area.

This photo makes me want to cry.

(Mind you, it was just taken off my phone and you really had to be there to feel the magnitude of the piece--) but Marin helped me through all of this.

The day before Reunion started, there Marin was going up and down the ladder with me. Until 2am something in the morning we worked, and again the next morning. I was able to work by her side or rather she always worked by my side for a long time. We were exhausted and I know her back was screaming slightly less then our feet were. A lot of work and hardly any zzz's but here my stalwart friend was--literately with me right to the end of this project.

I don't have words to express who this woman is. I love her as a daughter of God, a coworker, and a cherished friend.

And Susan, Don's wife, who literally was sent by God in helping with displays... and with everything else. I never asked her to do things, frankly I took them on as "my job"--and yet I would walk to the conference center in the early mornings before heading to the hotel to sleep to see my display carefully hidden away. And again, in the morning (mind you I go to things early) I would find that the blue fairy named Susan had already gone over and put out the displays again. I never asked her to do this. She would tell you it was no big deal and that it wasn't hard to do... but it was a big deal for me. I was deeply touched by her thoughtful kindness in looking for areas, where she could help out...

And Patti! That will have to be saved for a blog post soon.

While I am on the subject, the picture below is very important to me. These are not ALL the amazing people I work with at Heritage Makers, (wish I could add some others in there) but this group--we are unified as no team can be unified. There is mutual respect and admiration for one another. There is no animosity. There is support, encouragement, and power. There is no guile. We respect one another and believe in one another. And we work AWESOMELY well together!! How choice to have such an environment on a corporate level. Well-- on any level!

I know the power that comes from being one/and like minded in actions and in vision/follow through. This team is unified! And I praise God that I get to work with such people.

God is so good! The church is true.

I am trusting in Him.