Thursday, August 23, 2012

HIGHER SPIRES


"I have spoken over the years with many individuals who have told me, “I have so many problems, such real concerns. I’m overwhelmed with the challenges of life. What can I do?” I have offered to them, and I now offer to you, this specific suggestion: seek heavenly guidance one day at a time. Life by the yard is hard; by the inch it’s a cinch. Each of us can be true for just one day—and then one more and then one more after that—until we’ve lived a lifetime guided by the Spirit, a lifetime close to the Lord, a lifetime of good deeds and righteousness."  --President Thomas S. Monson

Pie was married and sealed for time and all eternity last weekend. This was one of my favorite shots from the blissful occasion. Stairs, lined with rough stones, onward and upward the tower of greatness calls out.  Inside the temple walls, there is hope, peace, and pure love. It is not too far from anyone's grasp. Whether the journey is a new one, or one that we find ourselves needing to continue or even re-learn how to walk... "Each of us can be true for just one day..." (And I might add, true just a minute at a time, when a day or even an hour seems too daunting.)

Are there many challenges in life? Oh yes! At least for me. Some times I wait to put on my war-paint until after my morning prayers because I know that the tears are just going to come down bringing a blanket of cosmetic wonder. But God did not send me here to fail. But rather to progress in my faith, trust, and commitment to/in His plans, His ways, His will and His timings.

"When dark clouds of trouble hang o'er us and threaten our peace to destroy, there is hope smiling brightly before us, and we know that deliverance is nigh. ... sing of his goodness and mercy...praise him by day and by night, rejoice in his glorious gospel, and bask in its life-giving light. Thus on to eternal perfection the honest and faithful will go, [any] who reject[s] this glad message shall never such happiness know." --Hymn 19

 When I keep the Savior with me, the temple before me, and my covenants about me--there IS hope smiling brightly before me!

Taking life, by the inch.

I am grateful for friends who attend church.