Thursday, January 10, 2013

BLACK CLOUD?

It started with a garage door screeching to a stop. Dryer heat not happening. Vacuum stopped sucking. Vita mix sputtering. House heater, not functioning. Computer program failing. Washer broken, twice. Car swirling, mountain rocks scraping, bummer tearing. Soar throat soaring and tonsils flaring.

...And all packed into an already packed last 4 weeks... :)
 
A few weeks back my Bishopric spoke in Sacrament meeting. The Bishop gave the guidelines to the councilors of finding a Christlike attribute they wanted to emulate for the coming year and to base their talk on that attribute. I was touched by the thought and knew immediately that for the next year I needed to be more grateful and strive for D&C's:

"Thou shalt thank the Lord thy God in all things."

and

"...receiveth all things with thankfulness..."

...more gratitude give me. 

So with this thought, and all the events listed from my month of $$ expenditure amazingness... little by little my thoughts have been turning.

Washer broken first time. Okay gratitude that the fixing part was 20 bucks and my brother could fix it. Broken not even 3 days later and a 100+ part=brought me to a few times sitting in the laundry mat, in the quite, reminiscing about mission days at the laundry mat... choice reminiscing time.

My car swerving right but then God miraculous guiding me completely left, smashing and doing a 180 into the mountain rocks instead of when I was going right headed into the lake. I chuckled as I pondered on how I had made a commitment to be grateful for all things and God was surely giving me some quick constant tests to concrete my commitment! :) The morning was below zero. I was in high heals and nylons. In 10 years I have never received cell coverage at that particular spot. Prayed for a signal for how would I hike the ice road in heals? Mom and dad answered, came down with a truck and pulled me out. How thankful I am that God took me left instead of allowing me to continue right! For the heavens to be parted and a signal to make out the cry for help.

Being sick reminded me of the blessings of not only how awesome throat soothers are but that in a larger picture the Lord was answering a fast and pleading to overcome a natural man, to a father and mother who brought a whole bag of oils, remedies and mouth wash... down to the priesthood power. 

I have SOO much to be thankful. And these little tests are more easy to bare when I choose to see His miraculous hand in helping me along this path. It's beautiful! 

Happiness is a kind, spirit filled, excited co-teacher who loves God, a lot. 
I am thankful for mountain rocks.