Tuesday, April 7, 2009

SUNSHINE--BECAUSE HE KNOWS!



I was walking out of my room this morning, and I started singing "If there's sunshine in your heart... Your cares will all depart... If there's sunshine in your heart today". I sang in over and over and I almost seemed to skip as I walked. I ran out the door for work and saw a bird flying to a tree. (You know me, bird freak!) And I could not help but smile and start to sing louder. I didn't care if my neighbors could hear me. As I got to my car I felt I needed to run inside and post this to my blog. I grabbed my hymn book thinking that I could look up the song in the back of the book. I looked for "Sunshine in your heart"--and let me save you the time... it's not in there! After a little bit of thumbing I found the song You can make the pathway bright. I chuckled at this... This weekend the choir sang this song at General Conference. When I heard the song, my soul was moved. I don't think I have sung/heard this song in over a year... I hear it once... and then the Lord brought to my mind/heart this morning the chorus! I was filled with happieness.

You can make the pathway bright,
Fill the soul with heaven’s light,
If there’s sunshine in your heart;
Turning darkness into day,
As the shadows fly away,
If there’s sunshine in your heart today.

You can speak the gentle word
To the heart with anger stirred,
If there’s sunshine in your heart;
Tho it seems a little thing,
It will heaven's blessings bring,
If there’s sunshine in your heart today.

You can do a kindly deed
To your neighbor in his need,
If there’s sunshine in your heart;
And his burden you will share
As you life his load of care,
If there’s sunshine in your heart today.

You can live a happy life
In this world of toil and strife,
If there’s sunshine in your heart;
And your soul will glow with love
From the perfect Light above,
If there’s sunshine in your heart today.

If there’s Sunshine in your heart,
You can send a shining ray
That will turn the night to day;
And your cares will all depart,
If there’s sunshine in your heart today.


I was reading in Mormon 6 this morning. I felt intense saddness with all the tens of thousands of people accounted for dieing in this chapter. I felt sorrow as I read Mormons recount of a sad story of what happens all too often in life... a story about people who forget their God. The last verse in Mormon 6 states a simple truth that is so profound.

"...yea, the Eternal Father of heaven, knoweth your state..."
(vs. 22)

This statement was for those not living up to the commandments they should have been. It was a comment of BEWARE HE KNOWS WHAT YOU ARE DOING AND YOU WILL BE HELD ACCOUNTABLE. But as I read it, I was filled with the sweet feeling of... Bryndi, Heavenly Father knows YOUR state. My state: my thoughts and feelings in my heart. All the areas I want to become better in. All the desires that fill my soul day to day. He knows my state when I have struggles around me and I am struggling to do my best. He knows the state of my work, the state of my home, the state of my calling, the state of my family. He knows MY state!



So for whoever may read this, may there be sunshine in your heart today too! And may you remember that God knows YOUR state! And in verse 22 we also read that "...and he doeth with you according to his justice and mercy." (Mormon 6:22)

Chase your cares away today--!

Q: HOW?!
A: By filling your soul with the sunshine that comes from knowing that HE KNOWS YOUR STATE!

Oh I just love the gospel! I love my Father in Heaven and my brother Jesus Christ. I know they live. I know they love me. They love you too!

REJOICE! He know's your state!!!