Monday, June 1, 2009

AND SHE WAS MADE WHOLE

Phone call came, "Bryndi, I am in my car, I can't move." My friend for whatever reason became completely ill when she got to her car after work this morning. I hurried over while calling her fearless home teacher.

I found her, in her car, with literally pools of sweat, beaded upon her face. She had her coat on and although she needed to take it off, she didn't have strength to move. I pulled her up and I am pretty sure I could have rung out her coat. She had a fever and things didn't look that good.

I had an instant flash back to last year when my dad insisted that he go sit in his car in the parking lot. He was cold and could not get warm. He had just finished a round of Chemo and his levels were not doing good. I went and sat with him in his car. The windows were down and thank goodness for the slight breeze that could be felt ever so often--if I held really still. (I was sweating like a pig!) But my Dad seemed to be enjoying the heat and feeling warm.

After 20 mins of sitting in the car, I decided I needed to take my Dad home. He was not doing well. I went over to his side door and as I tried to help him get up, the beads of sweat from his new found fever penetrated his shirt and garments. With a glazed look my Dad struggled to get out of the car. I had to help him figure where to put his feet. He got out of the car, and I had not clued in to how "out of it" he was. I started to walk him around to the passenger door. I was holding him like we were dancing because he just didn't have the strength to walk by himself. He started to shake and wobble. In an instant I knew he was going to fall. I knew his legs were going to give out but I also knew I didn't have the strength to keep him from hitting his head on the assault. As I felt his legs start to give way, I cried vocally to God pleading for help in setting him down. One foot, one leg, the next thing I knew was I had my dad sitting on the assault at this point he completely passed out--my arms could only lean him so far back--I would have to have him fall to the ground. I held his limp arms as long as I could. I cried as I finally just had to let him fall.

I had seen Marshyl in the building helping Debbi at the top of the elevator. Leaving my Dad in the parking lot I ran in the building and yelled for my brother to come. He did come, and he came quick. Friends called the ambulance while my brothers gave him a blessing that immediately brought him back to being coherent. It was several long nights in the hospital after that, but he was going to be okay.

Seeing my friend in the car made me have a flash back of of this experience.

Based on my dads short walk around the car before he passed out, I knew I had to pull up my car close to shorten the steps she would have to take.

The home teacher came and helped my friend into her house. He then ran to the store getting some items she didn't have, but needed. As she lay on her bed with her crazy physical illness I pondered what to do. I find that one of my greatest weaknesses is being a logical thinker. Sure when it comes to the gospel--no problem! Scriptures, even better... but knowing what to do in a crisis/heavy needs situation--it is just not in me to be brilliant with what to do on the spot.

Her conditions seemed to worsen, and yet I remained at peace. I prayed telling the Lord that I was scared and didn't really know what I should do. The answer came, "move forward". I figured that the Lord knows I only know how to do a few things in a crisis - seek for priesthood brethren and pray - so I moved forward with that.

After a handful of calls and texts I found a brother who could help. This brother joined the church a few years ago and I know that he has amazing faith. He went right to work on finding a companion to help with the blessing.

Mean while my friend's home teacher and I went out to get the things done that she had to accomplish that day. While we were out, I received a text from my friend's visiting teacher. She was asking for my friend's address. I smiled as I wondered if the Lord had inspired the visiting teacher to think about my friend. When we came back, the visiting teacher had dropped off a note! Even in the very moment of my friends battle! (God is amazing!)

We left my friend for only a little over an hour... but when we came back, her conditions had worsened.

While laying in her bed because she physically didn't have the strength to get up, a priesthood blessing was given. I felt the spirit fill the room. She was commanded to become whole and that through her faith her body would come into order.

After the blessing, we moved her off her bed and over to her chair. Her dry clothes that we had changed when we first got there were now soaked through like her first set. The brothers and I walked outside to discuss some items that still needed to be taken care of.--Here I was, surrounded by three amazing brothers in the gospel. Who swooped in to give aid, when THEY received the call! I walked back into my friend's house, only to find a completely different friend! Her fever had broken. She was ready to eat. She even had strength to sit herself up!! She was no longer sweating, but her body for the most part felt normal to the touch! Complete 180!! MIRACLE!

God put 20 little miracles together to make my friend whole!

*Friend was able to make a phone call asking for help.
*Home teacher JUST finished class.
*Although I had many projects at work, my most pressing one was turned in at 11 AM.
*Friend stayed coherent while sweating in her car.
*Was able to get her into my car without having her pass out.
*I NEVER EAT/BUY CHERRIES, and for the first time, I had a bag of cherries on me which helped give my friend a quick energy source.
*Home teacher went shopping for groceries
*In the middle of the day--two young adult--busy kids were able to give a blessing!
*My friend's car had to get a lot of stuff done to it today to pass the emissions test, and the fearless/faithful home teacher knowing what questions to ask to find the best deal for my friend--my friend who is limited on funds and had she gone to fix the car herself, she would have spent 70$ (which money she didn't have) for a job that her home teacher got finished for 35$!
*Visiting teacher left a note at the peak of my friend's "hell".
*within 10 she was completely whole after a blessing.
*I didn't have horrible anxiety.
*The Lord helped me move forward even when I could come up with no game plan--he had the play figured out and wanted me to trust and to "move forward" even when I didn't know how to move forward.

!!!!

To my priesthood brethren who responded to the "call"--and not only the call to give a blessing, but the call for help...I am deeply touched and stand all amazed.

I have no idea why I am writing this other then to testify that I know that God lives. And I echo the words of Moroni and claim them as my own:

...behold, I will show unto you a God of miracles, even the God of Abraham, and the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob; and it is that same God who created the heavens and the earth, and all things that in them are. (Morm. 9) 11


I know that Jesus is the Christ. I know that the priesthood power is given to men for the benefit of all mankind. I know that God can and does preform miracles in our every day lives. Great and small.

I believe in miracles, for I have seen too many to number.

To anyone reading--what miracles have you seen today? And if you feel like you have seen none, take off your eyes of the world and look with your spirit eyes. Do you see them!? Because they are there!

I took this picture when I was in CA.

Just a fun beach shot--nothing special right?! Look again--


Did you notice those words the first time? You can click on this picture and pull up a larger image--a photoshop tweak you say--well for this photograph yes... but this picture is true to our every day lives. The miracles are all around us. God does not leave our lives up to chance. THERE ARE NO COINCIDENCES IN LIFE! Our merciful Heavenly Father is into the details. And through his details, come miracles great and small! Bet if you look at this picture again, your eyes NOW spot the "Miracles". What a lesson for us! We just need to train our eyes/heart to "spot" the miracles--because they are there: regardless of our inability to see/notice them.