Tuesday, June 22, 2010

MOVIE RECOMMENDATION

I know, I know, this never comes from me. ;) Confession--I have a hard time watching movies mainly for the fact that when the Lord's name is taken in vain, I cringe.

Now please what I am about to share with you, is not a rule nor do I think you should change because you think I would look down on someone who is not of the same opinion--what ever you do is your own business.

I don't really consider watching pg-13 movies. Again, this is for me. Tonight I was taught a great lesson. Mom went out to get "invictus". I told her I wasn't interested in watching a pg-13 show, but that she was welcome to watch it. When she left I pondered over my time with her and figured it would be best to know if God had an opinion over my already made up mind of not watching the movie... When I prayed about it being a pg-13 I felt, "it's the principle" so when mom got back with the movie, I think she was a bit surprised as was myself that I was going to watch this movie. I am so glad I did. It was beautiful with deep gospel truths and insights to forgiveness and making a fresh start. Powerful movie! Because it is based on a true story, I researched a bit on Nelson Mandela - what a man.

So, I never do this, but I would recommend watching Invictus! I think it has been out for a while, so this is probably nothing new, but I was given an insight to movies... it's the principle. :) Enjoy! I sure did! Thanks mom!