Sunday, June 20, 2010

MY FATHERS

Happy Father's Day to all the Fathers, and would be Fathers out there!

I love my Dad! His road has been quite a road so far. I want to be sensitive to those who don't have someone they can call their father. The more I talk with different people, the more I cleave to my own parents, who they are and their values. I really believe that deep down people are good. In my life there is more room to forgive, to be slower with judgment. It is amazing what the power of just believing in someone does. When we choose to see someone's potential, rather then the lack of them not using their potential in the moment--powerful things can happen. Lives can be transformed.

To those of you who's earthly Father is less then what you hope him to be, today and everyday you/we can cleave to a loving Heavenly Father who gave us His perfect son--because He, our Father, loved us so much. And our elder brother Jesus Christ loved us so much that he was willing to come to the earth and suffer in the flesh so he would know how to succor us and our needs, in our time of need.

I know that God, our Father in heaven lives. That He loves us. I know that we know Him personally--but the veil and mortality causes us to go through this life with faith. To anyone who doesn't have a righteous example of a father, or even if you do, we can always and we need to turn to our Father in heaven. Kneel down and ask Him what He thinks of you. What His plans are for you. And then wait for the answer. I already shared what my answer was from a week ago... "daughter of God". Our Father in heaven has a plan for us to have joy in this journey--earth life. And He has a plan through his merciful son, Jesus Christ, for us to be able to repent and become more like they are. They gave us the Holy Ghost to help purify our souls and to comfort us--to testify to our souls that Jesus is the Christ and that God our Heavenly Father lives. ,

I know that they live. And regardless of the type of father you had/didn't have growing up--we all have a perfect Father in heaven...who IS merciful and kind. And loves us more than we can comprehend. So Happy Father's Day! If you don't have a father to cleave to and even if you do--cleave to your Heavenly Father! PRAY--He is there, He is listening and IS ready to bless you.

**To my own Dad--I love you. From teaching me how to swim, to how to work hard, how to host and cook, how to involve others, how to trust God, how to make time to just "be", how to truly find/have peace and joy through difficult times, how to forget yourself, how to put things of a higher into a closer constant focal point...

Thank you to you and mom for having the courage to have a family. And to not give up after #4! :) Nyk and I sure am glad you chose to have #5 and #6! ;)

I love you Dad. Always and forever!--your Bryndi