Friday, June 8, 2012

IT WAS A GOD THING

Here she is...!
I had no idea when I was taking the picture with my phone, that this sunspot was showing up, but I guess it is a good reminder of the process with this car.

It has been over a month since the guy hit me. A month of ups and downs, kindness from my parents as they juggled around their cars so I could have a car to use. (Thank you mom and dad!) Kindness from the folks who were searching for a car for me--truly the experience was a faith one.

Several weeks back as Kathy (the one who was searching the auctions for me) would send me over different cars--I was just at a lost as to which one. Through many impressions, and the blessing of "giving over my car burdens to God" (for entry click here), I came to feel that the car I should/would get would be a Toyota Camry. I didn't really describe my thought process/impressions with Kathy, but would simply deny all the perfectly right and perfectly priced cars she would send over. **Some were BEAUTIFUL temptations. Fully loaded leather, sunroof, pretty cars. And each one she would send over I would quickly respond no. I think she was getting a little frustrated as she was sending me cars that matched what I was looking for. Finally the impression came, "The next Camry she sends over will be your car." It was something to that extent... So when the impression came, I eagerly anticipated it would be that day or for sure the day after. ... NOTHING. For several days, then a full week went by of her sending nothing over. Then when she did finally send of a beauitful car, it was a very sweet loaded corolla. : / . Again I turned it down. And again almost another full week passed, but I could not deny what I felt impressed about. I even told her to stop looking at Honda Accords for so was the impression on the Camry.

I laugh and think of Karisa's impression. She pleaded with the Lord that she just needed one date, just one date with John. The revelation came that she would be given that one date and so clear was the impression that she no longer worried... but that date didn't happen for THREE MONTHS after that revelation came!  Talk about faith!  I only had to wait a few weeks, thankfully. But I like to believe, that I would have waited like Karisa, even for three months. I AM SO THANKFUL THAT THREE MONTHS WAS NOT MY LOT IN HIS PLAN HOWEVER! :D (Karisa--see your dating impressions still apply to different aspects in my life! Love you!)

Last Saturday as mom and I left the Manti temple and started to home, Kathy's email came through- "2009 Camry".  I almost dared not look at the "specs" of this auction car because I already knew this car was to be the one. So within mins of the email coming through (and just viewing the pictures on my phone) I called up Kathy and told her to get it. She sounded surprised. But she told me she would call me Monday. She felt there would be lots more cars going for sale on Monday. So the plan was she was going to call me on Monday. The auction was in AZ on Tues and she had a huge surgery Wed that would put her out for 8 weeks on her one foot That meant, that her husband wouldn't fly out to get the car until at least Thursday. I simply told her no problem and that I looked forward to chatting on Monday.

All last weekend, I didn't' even open the email on a big computer screen because I knew it was the car God was approving/directing me to have--so I didn't want to open up the pictures and start fault finding with the things I didn't like about the car.

Saturday passed, Sunday, Monday came and Monday went. No emails from Kathy no calls. Tuesday came. Still nothing. By 4pm I thought surely the Auction had finished, but not a word. Did the car go through? She was having surgery the next day, should I stay silent/call? After all this couple doesn't make that much money off of helping me--I didn't want to bother them.  So many questions floating around. I was going to the Timp temple that night, and as the temptation of the anxiety threatened to show it's ugly little head, I felt at peace and felt impressed that I would hear from Kathy after the temple.

I came out of the temple and as I looked at my phone, I fully expected to see something- a call, an email.  No email, no call.  I was not disheartened, but as I drove away from the temple (9pm) I reminded the Lord about the impression I had had. No sooner later, this email came through on my phone....
My husband is bringing home the camry, he won't be here till late tonight, but you can call and talk to him tomorrow afternoon, or I will have him call you.  he says it's a really nice car, will talk later take care
 Yes I did pull over to fully read the email.... and good thing too, for the tears just started to pour down my face. I know it is "just" a car, but it has been a month of testing. A month long lesson in faith building and trusting. Not only was the car purchased, but her husband had flown out/now was driving back from AZ with it. I didn't drive for a moment, for the tears were just too steady.

That was Tuesday night. It wasn't until yesterday afternoon that I found out the price of the car/all the details. Apparently their are a lot of rules when you are going to wipe out your saving accounts so you can pay for the car with cash. I was at the bank for nearly a hour with Kaiden. I wondered if just getting a loan instead of paying with cash would have been less "work". But in the end... I have a car, in my garage, completely paid for, and an almost completely empty banking account. A month long process. Saved $1,750.

Does God care about which car we get/have? Where to live, our jobs, our "any" concerns? While those items are just "mortal" items, I know God cares about me, and getting the right car/whatever package I was to invest in was important to me, and because I am important to God, I completely know, God opened up doors and led me to get this specific car.

"Counsel with the Lord in all thy doings, and he will direct thee for good..." Alma 37:37

It's just a car. = It was just a doing. And His counsel and impressions DID/always do direct me for good.

It was surely a faith thing. It was a God thing. I am a thankful thing! I have a car!