Friday, June 15, 2012

Y-serve -- BYU Experience Video

I have included Lizi's info below on this video. She did such a great job filming and editing it--and I feel it is true to the nature of joy these wonderful folks remind me to have/be! It's not long, but worth the watch. Thanks Lizi girl!

"Never have I been to a better activity at Brigham Young University than that of BYU Experience. A Friday night of empowering both participants and volunteers. A night of laughing and enjoying the company of one another."

"I prayed a lot while making this video because this event was so dear to my heart. How could I capture them accurately? How could I edit this video to make them proud? Never did I want anyone to make fun of these glorious people. This song is about power and honesty-a theme that I believe these participants deeply conveyed. I do not own the rights to this song so I will upload an ambient noise version of the night."

I'm living in the 21st century doin' something mean to it
Do it better then anybody you ever seen do it
Screams from the haters, got a nice ring to it
I guess every superhero need his theme music

[Chorus:]
No one man should have all that power
The clocks tickin' I just count the hours
Stop trippin' I'm tripping off the power
(21st century Schizoid Man)

My child-like creativity, purity and honesty is honestly being crowded by these grown thoughts
Reality is catching up with me, taking my inner child I'm fighting for custody
With these responsibilities that they entrust in me
As I look down at my diamond encrusted piece thinking...

No one man should have all that power
The clocks tickin' I just count the hours
Stop trippin' I'm tripping off the power
(21st century Schizoid Man)

Camera: Canon T3i
Sound: H2 Handy Zoom Recorder
Filmed by: Lizi Fesler
Edited by: Lizi Fesler
Edited on: Final Cut Pro
Advisors: Casey Peterson and Janine Green
Program Directors: Whitney Wing, Logan Bird and Audrey Blake.


BYU Experience, Y-serve yserve Center for Service and Learning Brigham Young University BYU
 And in honor of true Lizi style...

I believe in joy.