Wednesday, June 6, 2012

"...that grey area is all but closed"


A literal dream come true!

3.4.09 (Bridgette's Temple Dream)
So here is my dream.. and yes I still have full intentions on writing it in my journal!

There was a temple that was being built and I would drive by it because it was this beautiful temple and it sat in the middle on the gorgeous rolling hills of green grass and it always seemed to be lit up, whether it was at night or on a cloudy day there was always a glow around this temple. So one day I was going over to my cousins house and I had got lost and I knew where the temple was so I decided to go and walk by it. As I was walking up to the lawn, there was this beautiful tree so I stopped to adore it [the temple] from where this tree was and all the sudden the clouds broke and the sun was shinning right on top of the temple. I was going to take a picture, and then all the sudden there were hundreds of people gathered on the lawn. There were so many people that I was having a hard time walking through the crowd. I had been trying to get in to go and do baptisms but there were so many people we were going to have to wait. Next thing I remember is walking into this building and this place was so overcrowded inside I was having a hard time moving through. At one point I walked into this room and one of the walls was a bunch a windows that had a beautiful view of the temple that was apparently next door to the building I was in. My cousin and I decided to leave, so we made our way back down to the lobby and walked out the doors. When I walked out I turned around and I saw two buildings. One building was a square building that was made of all black windows, and next to it was the temple. I had not even realized that I was even in the black building until I walked out of it. The people in the black building were all hanging out of the windows and laughing and having a good time... there were even people bungee jumping off the roof. Me being the big adrenaline junky, really wanted to go over and join the people in the black building because they were having so much fun and laughing. Then I would look at the temple and want to be there too because the church is everything to me in my life and there is no way that I would ever give that up. It was clear to me as I looked at the divide between the two buildings was that it was time to make a decision and stick to it. It was a real struggle for me and as I looked down I was dressed in my Sunday outfit and I knew that the temple is where I belonged and I chose my side. As I was walking over I could hear my family in the distance sitting by the tree I was first leaning against and adoring the temple, and they were calling me over.

-          I know that times are tough and they are going to get tougher and that grey area is all but closed. The time is coming that not only do I need to make a decision as to what side of the line I am going to be on, but everyone does too, and we should help those who are struggling with that decision as well. As tempting as it was to join the other side because they were having fun, that is not where true happiness. There is true JOY out there that is ours for the taking, and there is plenty of GOOD fun to be had out there in the world; you don’t have to be bad to have fun (I am a true believer that the Lord loves to laugh!). I just hope that when the Savior comes I can look down and know that I am dressed in my Sunday clothes because I have stayed clean enough to always be able to enter into the House of the Lord.

Bridge took out her endowments in the Manti temple this past Saturday. She was ready in every way! It was as if she had already been going with me for the past seven years for she was so natural/comfortable with all the temple had/has to offer.

Truly the experience was among the choicest of life's experiences. To see her obtain her dream, literal and dream from her desires for the past several years--was moving. Congratulations Bridgette! You made the decision of which side of the line you would be on! ...where true happiness is! And yes, you don't have to be bad to have fun. I believe the Lord loves to laugh too!

Here's to choosing to be in "Sunday clothes". The Savior will come!