Thursday, March 21, 2013

"WHERE IS THE PAVILION?"

 

(Isn't this bird awesome!?! I didn't even dare look at the price tag as I was just taking a shot of it for Bishop Madsen to see as it reminded me of an illustration he did once (see here) ... but I wish I had looked at how much it was! I am back in the AZ airport come Aug, and I might just have to see if this beautiful fellow is still there and if I have saved up enough to buy it! IN LOVE!)


Studied President Erying's Pavilion talk. I have listened to it several times, but actually reading it again for this time around, I was impressed with some new ideas. For me, this was deep.

Q: What did he mention was the reason why the Lord had allowed him to stay longer at BYU Idaho?  (I freaked out as I caught this) 

He said: 
"He [the Lord] let me seek counsel and gain His permission to stay at Ricks College. He knew all the reasons that my service might still be valuable at the college and in Rexburg. [Just 30 days after he declined an enticing career offer, the Teton Dam burst]...I was there [Idaho] to ask Heavenly Father frequently in prayer that He would would have me do those things that would help the people whose property and lives had been damaged." 

A: !!!!!!!!!!!!  God used/in part, had him serve longer at BYU Idaho, because of his ability to seek (asking) the will of the Lord/His council in frequent prayer--TO BLESS THE LIVES OF THOSE AROUND HIM. What a complement! And among the Leadership skills and other things President Eyring offered, like the bird at the top, one of his "gifts/things" to offer--was that he, president Eyring, seeks the Lord's council in frequent prayer. Seriously, this concept as a principle of leadership, influence, career, WHATEVER, is a crazy insight into how one should manage/attend to all their affairs. 

!!!!!!!! :)

Can the Lord say such a thing of me? Would/could I be used as a tool in the Lord's hand in a like manner because He knew I would seek His will/ask Him/council with Him frequently? Jared obviously knew someone who would council with the Lord for the benefit of others in all things when he kept going to his brother "the Brother of Jared" (as the book of Ether states). Is this not a timely reminder of how my communion with the Lord should be, on a daily basis?!

Sweetly, at the end of his talk, (there is awesome stuff, I can't begin to scratch the surface- you can read it for yourself here ) he says: 
"...if you go for the Lord to bless others, He will see and reward it. If you do this often enough and long enough, you will feel a change in your very nature through the Atonement of Jesus Christ. Not only will you feel closer to Him, but you will also feel more and more that you are becoming like Him." 
If we "GO FOR THE LORD" (in our every day lives, work, home, family, simply breathing/living) to bless others often, we are promised: 
  • He will see what we do and reward us. 
    • Q: Reward us with what?
      • A: A change in our very nature-through the Atonement of Jesus Christ
      • We will feel closer to Him
      • Find ourselves becoming more and more like Him
      • Not to mention, in serving we can become what Nephi states as a declaration of his soul: "I have charity for my people and great faith in Christ that I shall meet many souls spotless at his judgement-seat."--2 Nephi 33:7. (How would it be to say "I HAVE charity...! Not just striving for it, but actually saying I have it...?! What an amazing thing to be able to say...)

So I Bryndi K, am and want to/will strive...

in all things.


Can't wait for General Conference!


I am so thankful God has "let" me stay teaching Mission Prep, a little longer. 
I love my students.
And like Nephi, I too can say, I glory in my Jesus,
for He has redeemed my soul
from hell.
  
Happiness is placing one's faith in Christ.



p.s.
Not only can we "go for the Lord" with our actions and our very wills in serving Him... but when it comes time for picking where we will stand, whom we will believe, where we will put our faith and trust... 
GO FOR [meaning CHOOSE] the LORD!

:)