Friday, January 16, 2009

BE OF GOOD CHEER



I have since seen this scripture talked about a lot. Even an article in the Ensign was centered around these verses. Back in Oct, I was attending a baptism of a new friend. The whole service was given in Spanish so a sweet friend translated in my ear so I could share in what was happening. It was during this baptismal service when I was given some direct revelation concerning someone I had recently opened my heart up to. The answer came, "Bryndi, you are not for him". I questioned the Lord letting him know, I thought this particular person and I would be quite good together, after all it has been over three years since I opened my heart up to anyone. Didn't it seem fitting that someone who could actually open my heart-- be a keeper?! Didn’t this kid and I share the same goals and values? Didn’t he and I love the gospel and could talk for long periods of time on the scriptures and the sacred things in life!? I made quite certain that the Lord knew all my reasons for why His revelation was wrong. (Note: This is quite dumb! Don’t follow my example. Our Father in heaven knows everything! His ways are not our ways, and His timing is usually not our timing, but HE knows best!!)


I was quite sad with this revelation. By the end of the weekend, my sadness turned into grumpiness. Thank goodness the Lord is patient with all of my weaknesses!!


I went to my institute class at the start of the next week and my teacher led the class to read a verse in D&C 78. I don’t know if I have ever fully read through D&C 78 before, but my curiosity got me and the next hour I found my self enwrapped in the verses found in this amazing section. When I came across verses 17-19 my eyes became wet and I had a hard time seeing the page.


“Verily, verily, I say unto you, ye are little children, and ye have not as yet understood how great blessings the Father hath in his own hands and prepared for you;"


"And ye cannot bear all things now; nevertheless, be of good cheer, for I will lead you along. The kingdom is yours and the blessings thereof are yours, and the riches of eternity are yours."


"And he who receiveth all things with thankfulness shall be made glorious; and the things of this earth shall be added unto him, even an hundred fold, yea, more.” (D&C 78:17-19)


Yea for Nephi telling us to liken all scriptures unto ourselves! :)


These verses spoke to me. I heard that I was a little child and I could not understand how great blessings Heavenly Father has with his own hands prepared/ing for me. I am to be of good cheer because the Savior will lead me along. And then I got to verse 19. I, Bryndi, needed/need to be thankful for all things. That means be thankful even for this guy I know was divinely brought into my life… and although he and I won’t be hooking up.. I am still to be thankful for him.


I left the library that day filled with amazing peace. I held my head a little higher as I walked to class. Heavenly Father is amazing at bringing answers through the scriptures! And I am of good cheer, for I know who is leading me along!