Friday, January 16, 2009

BE THE MEANS

This morning as I was reading in 3 Nep Chapter 18, I was impressed by verse 32:

"Nevertheless, ye shall not cast him out of your synagogues, or your places of worship, for unto such shall ye continue to minister; for ye know not but what they will return and repent, and come unto me with full purpose of heart, and I shall heal them; and ye shall be the means of bringing salvation unto them. "


The Savior is talking to he 12 disciples he choose on this side of the world. In the previous verses he has taught the importance of prayer and that we all need to pray to our Father in the name of Jesus Christ.

He then talks about not letting anyone partake of the sacrement unworthily. Verse 32 follows right after this backdrop.

He tells us to not turn away people who have struggles/need help, but minister unto them for [we] "... know not but what they will return and repent, and come unto [the Savior] with full purpose of heart, and [he] shall heal them... (vs 32)". The Savior tells us that WE can be the means of bringing salvation unto those individuals. The definition of mean: an agency, instrument, or method used to attain an end. What a beautiful commandment! To be a means!

As you will soon come to find out, I am a freak when it comes to little thoughts from the scriptures. I have to come up with a sign to hang on my wall that reminds me of what I just learned. I normally just choose a nature shot, but today I found this picture of my uncle Paul. Anyone who knows my uncle Paul knows that he is one of the most giving/kind/service oriented man to walk our time. I happened to be over at his house late and he insisted that I not leave empty handed. The beautiful bucket of aprocots he is holding, was put in my car along with squash, tomatoes for my dad, and other wonders from his garden. I can not tell you how many different loads of food have filled that metal bucket. I can not tell you how many houses that bucket has traveled to! Paul never thinks twice to serve. When he is compelled to go a mile--he goes five! My food storage consists of bottled items coming from he and his loving wife Becky. The are, "Being the Means" to bless all those who come in contact with them. -- Oh how I want to be a means like they are!

I also love that the Savior tells us that those that do repent, and come with full purpose of heart--he SHALL heal them. How true is this for all of us. The Savior is the Master of all Healing!