Tuesday, February 2, 2010

...IS THERE MORE?


Last general conference was amazing for me. Okay, that is a "duh" statement because I always love general conference. But over and over I recount the words of Richard G. Scott's talk on Sat morning. He said:
Subsequently I prayed, reviewing with the Lord what I thought I had been taught by the Spirit. When a feeling of peace came, I thanked Him for the guidance given. I was then impressed to ask, “Was there yet more to be given?” I received further impressions, and the process of writing down the impressions, pondering, and praying for confirmation was repeated. Again I was prompted to ask, “Is there more I should know?” And there was. When that last, most sacred experience was concluded, I had received some of the most precious, specific, personal direction one could hope to obtain in this life. Had I not responded to the first impressions and recorded them, I would not have received the last, most precious guidance.
This was new insight for me at conference! It had never occurred to me to ask God if there was "more" after I finished out my prayers.

Since conference I have quite a few times felt prompted to ask when I was finished with the prayer if there was something more... and a few times there has been something more.

This morning as I knelt and prayed and received some hard things to do--but I am confided God will help me do them. I ended my prayer and jumped up to read my scriptures before running to work. But I felt that I needed to go ask Heavenly Father if there was something more He needed/wanted me to know. So I went back down to my knees and simply asked if there was something more He wanted me to know. The answer came, "You are loved". I paused on my knees and the tears spilled down my cheeks.

Two things here. Yes I know that God loves me! Just with the picture above I was sitting on a pier at 5:45 AM in Mexico studying my scriptures with the breeze on my face and the multi colored fish below my feet and the stunningly blue water surrounding me on all sides. While pondering over some scriptures, over walks a little bird just a few feet from me. It is not the most amazing shot you have ever seen, God knowing I love birds and morning light--gave me this perfect little scene to shoot.

His love is evident by the people He puts in my life, for the gospel knowledge, for temples, for quite moments made just for me--but today, there was no scene, but words. Not through a blessing but through a real one on one moment. Second, "you are loved" is the lingo I use and say to others and I could not help but smile that God would use a style I use, to get through to me.

So for anyone out there who feels alone or feels the tasks ahead are hard to bare, get back down on your knees and ask the Lord if there is anything else He would have you know. And then, when His words/feelings/impressions come...write them down. Because they will!

I am loved! So are you!