Sunday, February 21, 2010

SUNBEAMS

SUNBEAM = a beam or ray of sunlight.
BEAM = a group of nearly parallel rays.
RAY = a narrow beam of light-gleam or slight manifestation - light or radiance.
SUNLIGHT = the light of the sun; sunshine.
LIGHT = something that makes things visible or affords illumination


This morning, for whatever reason I felt to go play the piano before doing much of anything else. I thumbed through some songs and tried to give them a new arrangement. I came to "Jesus Wants Me For a Sunbeam" and played a very deep and thoughtful melody.

How true that song is. Trying not to sing the primary tune, which is very cute, the meaning is quite profound.

Jesus wants me for a sunbeam, to shine for him each day; In ev'ry way try to please him, at home at school, at play. A sunbeam, a sunbeam, Jesus wants me for a sunbeam. A sunbeam, a sunbeam, I'll be a sunbeam for him. Jesus wants me to be loving and kind to all I see, showing how pleasant and happy His little one can be. A sunbeam, a sunbeam, Jesus wants me for a sunbeam. A sunbeam, a sunbeam, I'll be a sunbeam for him.

One can be a beam that parallels our Savior and His love. We can, through our obedience to Him, manifest radiance in His plan for us. And as we do, the light of the "Son" we will become.

Jesus wants ME for a sunbeam!