Wednesday, February 10, 2010

THE CHURCH IS TRUE

Elder Orson F. Whitney said:
The spirit of the gospel is optimistic; it trusts in God and looks on the bright side of things. The opposite or pessimistic spirit drags men down and away from God. Looks on the dark side, murmurs, complains, and is slow to yield obedience.
Given the two options, I so much rather live, be, breathe, act, dwell in the spirit of optimistic! Wouldn't you?! :) This quote almost perfectly describes my Bishop! Who wouldn't want to not be around he and his eternal family with such an attitude always present?!

The Church is True--this is a statement that is part of my regular vocabulary. No matter what is going on in life, whether grey clouds, sunshine, sleet or blizzard covered mountains... because the Gospel of Jesus Christ is true--my life is amazing! Saying the church is true is my way of having an outward reminder of my inner commitment to stay positive and optimistic. My parents may laugh a little reading this because they know better then ever that I am not ALWAYS positive nor optimistic. But I sure like to strive to be.

The Church is true!

I was particularly touched by Ali's blog this week. I don't know how to paste the link (so pathetic, I know! I am all a computer all day long, but I can't get my html coding to ever work for me...) into your browser and read her Sunday post. Her insight about forgiving ourselves is pretty awesome! http://justwinget.blogspot.com/2010/02/dear-blog.html Thanks Al!