Monday, April 5, 2010

A POPPED KNEE & A CUT ARM

Conference was amazing for me. As soon as I can get the actual notes I will have to share my thoughts. Saturday morning session was balm of gilead to my soul. Everything i have been pondering on and questioning seemed to be answered through those first two hours. And with a hundred little amazing things in between, President Monson capped off the whole conference by quoting Proverbs 3:5-6
Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.
and then he finished the scripture saying that that has been the story of his life. I wept at his statement for it is so true for how I feel about my life, and I want it to continue to be true.

I knew that today was going to be a long day getting ready for Dream Team. Last week, while playing lazer tag I played maybe a little too aggressively and my knee that I had annoyed with some oversize exercise movements the week before decided that it hated lazer tag. By Thursday morning I was in some awesome discomfort with my knee and for the past 4 days I have been hobbling around.

This weekend with conference I felt it would give my knee the break it needed to heal right. But even yesterday as I knelt on the dance floor to take pictures of Brynnlee I sure paid for kneeling for the next several hours. This morning, knowing the amount of bending I would need to do in the bathrooms and up and down the stairs I agonized a little bit over the fact it will take yet another week after these few days to get my knee back healthy. The worst position is the kneeling position, for for whatever reason I am completely crippled for a long time after straightening my knee.

Well--knowing the week ahead of me, I pleaded, on my knees, this morning asking that the Lord to heal my knee so I could better serve my family and my work. My knee felt tons better. I noticed that it was not fully happy, but I didn't feel like crying.

Then, a miracle happened!

I was in the dance room with Dad working with the internet and the projector when I moved a certain way and heard, yes heard and felt a huge "POP" with my knee. It was so loud and I am not used to my body making popping noises in my knee area that I dared not move. I did let out a little yelp, not in pain but in horror of what that popping noise meant. Can I tell you what?! My knee is amazing!! I have knelt down several times since, I have been up and down stairs the rest of the day and although it is slightly tender, I am not acting like a cripple old woman anymore! It is a complete miracle! I have no idea what the "POP" was, but I am sure grateful for it!

ARM
Ya, so I don't do blood--during the meeting, I notice my mom come into the back of the room. She got my Dad's attention, and because I was "time keeper" I just went back to moving the consultants along. My dad came over to me and with concern asked me to go help my mom. I figured she needed help with the dishes, but when I got to the kitchen, she was not to be found and most of the mess was cleaned up.

I saw my mom coming out of the bathroom with an awesomely long cut on her arm. She very calmly asked me to help. Apparently something with the downstairs fire had attacked her arm (she still has no idea how she it) and it left a 3 inch cut across her fore arm. Because of the way the cut happened the wound was more long shallow than deep. I don't know if that makes sense.

She had been trying to wash out the cut. We grabbed the first aid kit and I kept telling myself I was okay--while verbally asking her if she was okay. The blood was coming out and got on my fingers and I had to tell myself if I were a "mom", I could not freak out on my children. My sweet mom just laughed and almost played with the blood coming out of the long wound. Not to be morbid, but just to put me at ease. I asked her if she was going to pass out, but when really it was me that was thinking I would hit the floor at any time.

She will be just fine yes, and yes I did survive but I could not help but praising heavenly father and thanking him for keeping my mom safe. Had her wound been more severe--she was in the basement and Dad and I with all the consultants were clear up on the 3rd floor in the dance room. We would have only known to go find her with a prompting. Not that God would have not prompted us, but as I looked at what could have been the different story with my mom's arm, I was deeply moved with gratitude to God.

I know we don't need/should not play the what if game, but I know and witnessed several miracles today! God is so kind.

He really is our loving father in heaven, who wants to bless us and help us. He is so willing.

A dear friend emailed me a letter that basically told her "honey" that she was not giving up on her dreams and her future. That although the road is difficult she would remain true to staying positive with whatever life brought and that she would continue in prayer and scripture study daily. The temptation to be complacent is a real one. To just give up because we can not see what the benefit is. But where is the faith practiced/exercise in a path that is completely clear of distractions/heart-ache/and disappointments? Like President Monson quoted so Proverbs--God will direct our paths - HE will! We just need to put our trust in Him and lean not to what our understanding is. He has the big picture--and we are just a brush stroke in His hands.

I just want to be a "truster" in Him!

Happy conference! The church is true. Small and simply things - just reading the Book of Mormon and praying consistently/daily brings happiness! One can't deny it! If you haven't tried or tasted of those blessing in a while, it is never too late to and the effects/harvest of such actions in your life are instantaneous! If we keep the commandments He does immediately prosper us Mosiah 2:24.

Well my battery is dead and early at Dream Team comes early! ;)

I sure do love God... a lot! Hope I can prove it/show it to Him daily.