Friday, April 16, 2010

THE DIVINE NATURE AND DESTINY OF WOMEN

So, I just "happened" (you all know I don't believe in just happened stuff) :) find this talk today and listened to it. I cried. It was an answer to a lot of prayers I have never prayed--but only kept in my heart. Click A The Divine Nature and Destiny of Women to read. Amazing for all women--but also I gave all my brothers and my Dad a copy tonight asking them to please read and then to pass the talk on to their amazing wives.

I used to make screen savers for the computer at church. This one was the last one I made. Inspired off of the hymn, "Jesus, Savior Pilot Me". The definition of a pilot -- SOOOO profound! Makes the song all the more cool! (Click on the picture to get the bigger view.)


The other week I was in the temple, and I apologize I don't know if I have already blogged about this, but while I was in the temple there were a several events that led up to the thought process--but as I conversed in my mind/heart with God I decided that when I don't do something with my whole heart I am really not giving myself all to God. And it is either I am for Him 100% or I am trying to serve two masters. And I know that that can't work! So the thought was, "Bryndi, are you going to give me everything--including things that involve your heart, or aren't you?".

From that day on I promised God that I am His. I am done fighting. I am done being a stink when I get a prompting that is more difficult to follow. I try to always follow, but sometimes my heart is pretty rotten. And if we don't give a gift with all our heart, it profits me nothing. So I promised God I was done being a brat. No matter what, at all costs, my heart involved or not, I am His and I will Do, I will Go, I will Follow.

Well today, after a conversation with Kiss, it dawned on me how much I admired once hearing Elder Scott talk about he had never heard his wife complain. (And he is an apostle! So that had to meant lots of nights alone, with the kids, being the mom and dad.) It dawned on me that when I am going through situations/impressions I don't understand sometimes I am a complainer in my lack of understanding. Really, when I complain/questioning why, I am really just showing an awesome lack of faith.

--But NO MORE--!

I promised Heavenly Father a long time ago that if He would bless me with a righteous priesthood holder for a husband, that no matter what was required of my husband and our lives, I would not complain. Well--husband or not I am committing that I am done showing my doubt through complaining.:) I know, easier said than done, but I truly feel it. We are always setting an example of how we react with the different situations/circumstances in our lives....I am done setting a less then worthy example. :) This means, I am to be faith-filled!

Sam sent a very inspired text to me last night out of response of me reminding him to go to bed. He sent me, as his answer Mosiah 1:17. I read it was convinced he sent me the wrong scripture. But he later called and explained what the scripture had meant for him--when really it was an answer--revelation from God to me!
Therefore, as they were unfaithful they did not prosper nor progress in their journey, but were driven back, and incurred the displeasure of God upon them; and therefore they were smitten with famine and sore afflictions, to stir them up in remembrance of their duty. (Mosiah 1:17)
Sam had very amazing insights about the remembrance of our duty. For me God was/is saying, "Bryndi, the journey I have you on right now can not prosper or progress without faith". And I felt without MY faith.

Sooo--my conclusion for the day--I am not a complainer, but I AM a faith-filled daughter of God. One who is trusting where the Lord is guiding me. And using enough faith that if He wants/needs to preform miracles along my path he can--because I am choosing to be faith filled and believing!

(Note: I am sure I am going to crash and burn with this commitment at times. And I will forget "my duty". But please, if you catch me complaining over not understanding why God is having me walk a certain way, simply say, "Elder Scott's Wife" and that will be a gentle reminder of what example I too want to set.) Thank you in advance. And yes we can still be friends after you rebuke me kindly. :) ha ha