Saturday, April 24, 2010

A PROMISED HAPPILY EVER AFTER

Was led to listen to this talk today... Click here to read a message given to the Young Women of the church. That means--all women! :)
We all search for happiness, and we all try to find our own “happily ever after.” The truth is, God knows how to get there! And He has created a map for you; He knows the way. He is your beloved Heavenly Father, who seeks your good, your happiness. He desires with all the love of a perfect and pure Father that you reach your supernal destination. The map is available to all. It gives explicit directions of what to do and where to go to everyone who is striving to come unto Christ and “stand as [a witness] of God at all times and in all things, and in all places.”4 All you have to do is trust your Heavenly Father. Trust Him enough to follow His plan. - President Dieter F. Uchtdorf

Timely message for me. This is the 2nd talk I have found from a general authority that has promised that you can have a "happily ever after". Awesome council!

It was raining on Friday and as I walked out to the parking lot I found our "pet" ducks bracing the cold rain. I can't believe I was allowed to run to my car and grab my camera--to get this shot. These two ducks are inseparable--even through a storm--they brace it together. Very inspiring.


Tonight I went to a movie alone. Never thought I could do that, but I was confident enough to do so. By the end of "How to Train up your Dragon" (One I highly recommend--probably not for little kids because the final dragon is pretty fierce) but I really love the message of the show. Mom and I left before praising God for whoever was inspired to write the story line. Awesome.

Anyway, right towards the end - I won't spoil it for those of you who have seen it - but the kid was needing to be saved. I wept, as a real application for me that I was in needing to be saved by my Savior. I am in need of his atonement, his mercy and his grace.

I see God's hand in everything! Ha--even a cartoon movie! :)

I love the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints! I LOVE the Book of Mormon, and the truths it holds for me. I love my Father in Heaven. I love my brother, Jesus Christ. I know, in whom I trust!

The church is true!

Happy Sunday--One hour in counting! Can't wait for a renewal.