Friday, August 5, 2011

SPIRIT MAKES ONE BEAUTIFUL

About a month or so ago I went to a fireside of a woman I dearly cherish. I was so excited for this fireside! Ha, that is an understatement.

When the speaker came in and she was trying to set up her presentation I noticed how much older she had become. I thought her makeup did not help the years--she seemed to appear more skeleton like with a covering. I then wondered all she has been through with her un-weary service to make her physically "tired".

The meeting finally began after lots of technical difficulties. Many things she started to share, I had heard before but I loved that the girls that came and met me were hearing the info for the first time. She took a hand mike and with over 800 girls spilling into two chapels and rooms, she walked through the audience asking questions and fielding comments.

A little over half way through her talk, I was startled a little at the realization.... I looked at her and surely I was not looking at the same woman?! Her makeup was beautiful, her face filled with "light"--literally. She was beautiful! I scolded, as i had early when I had the unkind thought of how tired she looked, myself for not noticing her physical beauty before the meeting started. And when I say that she was beautiful, she WAS! Her whole presence was filled with radiance. What had changed? Had I just "fallen" in love per-say more with who she was/is during the talk?

I thought it was a strange thing that had just happened. I have experienced change in people's voices with blessings given before, but not with physical features.

The meeting ended and eventually my sister-in-law and I walked out to the parking lot apparently we have the best ankles and arms in the valley because it seemed every mosquito in area had a "feast" on us! ;)

As she and I were chatting about the meeting and the things said, I told her how I had had the thought at the beginning of the meeting about how "rundown" the speaker was, but that through the talk, I found that she "had become" the most beautiful person a person could be! My sister-in-law shared that she had had the exact same experience and thoughts! What was it?!

We concluded that: the spirit makes one beautiful! Regardless of physical looks, when one has the spirit, one becomes all the more beautiful! *Does this mean she "didn't" have the spirit when she came in? No, I am not saying that. If anything, I didn't with my judging thought! But when she was testifying of truth--the spirit's job--the spirit filled her being all the more!

Perhaps this is just another reason to have the spirit in dating life!! ;) The spirit can make you or the one you are dating more beautiful! ;)

Valuable lessons learned.