Thursday, January 26, 2012

POP QUIZ!

What is the greatest temple that has ever been built?

This was the question asked by the pretty new Stake President Sunday evening. President Clare and his wife (I have no idea if the last name is spelled right) were invited to come and speak to six singles wards... my ward was in charge of getting the speaker... THANK YOU BROTHER WALKER!  (I must say it was probably one of the top five firesides I have ever attended outside of CES firesides. Maybe coming up to the #1 I have ever attended!  It was that good!)

President Clare suggested that we had better be careful with which temple we selected because his mission covered Kirtland. :)  When he asked the question, I immediately thought of my OWN personal temple.  After a few quick suggestions of different temples, someone called out that "WE" were the greatest temples God has ever built.  President Clare had found the answer to his question!

The greatest temple ever built is...

(Here is Taybabe outside Manti this past summer. Love you TREEBS!)

I was studying Isaiah this week in 2 Nephi 12 and Isaiah 2. Last year I went through 2 Nephi with Isaiah for Airheads by John Bytheway. This year I decided to go through with David J. Ridges's Isaiah Made Easier.  (Very happy with this decision.)

Vs. 10 in 2 Nephi 12 states, "...the glory of his majesty shall smite thee."  Brother Ridges comment with that verse is, "you will not be able to stand the brightness of his glory at the Second Coming and will thus be consumed; see D&C 5:19."  The GLORY of the Lord is what consumes the wicked.

Brother Ridges continued, "Some years ago, a student asked me how the temples would survive the burning at the Second Coming. Verses 10, 19, 21 plus D&C 5:19 provide a simple answer. Temples can stand the glory of the Lord. Therefore, they will not be burned."

As I read these words, all the thoughts from the fireside and the greatest temple ever built settled my mind. God's temples can withstand His glory!  And why not!  We are told that He does not dwell in unholy temples.  SOO if I can prepare my physical/spiritual temple, my body, to become holy--a place where He can dwell-- MY TEMPLE [body] will be able to with stand the glory of God = NOT BE BURNED AT HIS COMING because my temple will already be used to being full of light, HIS LIGHT, His glory!!!  Of course add in your fire insurance of paying tithing to the whole package too--but what another beautiful reason to make sure that my body becomes a temple where God can dwell!
And just as a treat... Krisi shared this GREAT talk with me on Grace (click here). It is so worth the read! Thank you for sharing Kristi! I LOVED IT!