Sunday, September 2, 2012

Little purpose to our own lives, unless...

What a great reminder from the Sept VT message... I was moved by the quote.


I was thinking of saving this photo for an "a.s.k."= Ask, Seek, Knock quote, but when I read Pres Monson's words again, the picture took on a whole new meaning. Service in the temple. Or symbolic of the doors of service of those around us, the door to one's heart--some service in order for it to have maximum effect, requires the right "key" to unlock the locked. Intents, attitude, humility, and sincerity play a big part, at least for me, in opening closed doors. 

Some doors are more difficult (to serve/open) than others. Eroded by the winds of the day, tarnished by sin, or the neglect of love, or a lack of hope, or rusted with bitterness or discouragement, locked with disdain on life, or worn with unbelief or pride... There can come the temptation to move on to an "easier" locked door. Or to give up trying to open (serve) a door (any door) completely.  However, I know there to be one key that fits every "door" perfectly, the key of charity.

When doors are unlocked and opened, even with the smallest of openings--His light can get in! 

When I feel the lack of"purpose" in life, I must not be serving enough!

"...charity never faileth".

I am grateful for porch swings.