Sunday, October 30, 2011

I BELIEVE IN CHRIST... SO COME WHAT MAY!!!

Today for the closing song we sang "I Believe in Christ" -- text by President Gordon B. Hinckley. Like finding a verse of scripture that you have read over and over and over-- and then something "pops" out at you that you are convinced was never there before--but sure enough is there now, in your very moment.... This hymn was that for me today.

The last verse says, "I believe in Christ; so come what may". The ceiling parting and light beams streaming down could not have been more penetrating then these words to me. My mind took on the following conversation:
"Well Bryndi. Do YOU believe in Christ?"
"Yes."
"Then--COME WHAT MAY."
So come what may...! No matter what! In a sense the words are saying, "Bring it on-- for Christ, I believe in!" And Elder Wirthlin's mother said it best, "Come what may, and love it."

This week as I have been deep into the end of Alma, I was reminded with the "BE" that I had forgotten how much I loved! "be up and doing"!


And the greater part of that, it actually says, "begin to be up and doing". What a beautiful reminder to me and my commitments/covenants/desires for God and His son Jesus Christ.! Because I BELIEVE IN CHRIST-- come--whatever may--and may I love it!! And as for me and my life--I will BE up and doing!

Sam and I took a ride a few weeks ago after the snow storm to see the last of the fall leaves. I love this shot! Bleak as the day was-- but evergreens forever UP and DOING their thing--which is pointing up! And the fall leaves letting their "light/color" so shine even in the mist of WHAT DID COME. They shone in the storm--come what may! It was beautiful!

Then sings my soul-- my Savior God to thee-- How great THOU art!

Jesus IS the Christ. And I BELIEVE in Him!