Thursday, October 20, 2011

...BE GLAD!

Last night in institute our studies brought us to section 29. I have studied section 29 before, but as we read verses 31 and particularly 32 my mind opened up to what is probably an obvious insight, but the symbolism was new for me.

Doctrine and Covenants 29:31-32 reads:
For by the power of my Spirit created I them; yea, all things both spiritual and temporal—

First spiritual, secondly temporal, which is the beginning of my work; and again, first temporal, and secondly spiritual, which is the last of my work—
So the order in that second verse is:

Phase 1
1st - SPIRITUAL

2nd - TEMPORAL

then the order changes


Phase 2
1st - TEMPORAL
2nd - SPIRITUAL

With phase 1, we were all created 1st spiritual before ever coming to earth. God prepared a way to have an earth life for us = 2nd temporal. Phase 2 -- born into this earth life we full fill
the "1st" and become "temporal" with our new bodies. And because of the veil placed over our minds we now, on/in this earth life, need to full fill the 2nd and become once again Spiritual! A complete Beautiful circle [square picture-but I think you get the idea]!


So again...this earth life is about becoming Spiritual beings yet again. For we were once! And we have all finished steps 1 and 2 of phase 1 for we all were created spiritually and given a plan for mortality. And we have all finished the 1st step of phase 2 by becoming temporal--for surely our being born in into this life with bodies that age and fall apart, we have accomplished becoming temporal first. NOW for the 2nd step of this journey--becoming spiritual once again, THUS preparing us to be able to live in the Kingdom of Heaven.

I know there are a lot more applications with those verses, but I thought it was a beautiful reminder of what I am to be doing. Christ says:
Lift up your hearts and be glad, for I am in your midst, and am your advocate with the Father; and it is his good will to give you the kingdom.
This life is NOW about becoming spiritual yet again. The Lord's council to David Whitmer is a good reminder to me! Doctrine and Covenants Section 30:
Behold, I say unto you, David, that you have feared man and have not relied on me for strength as you ought.

But your mind has been on the things of the earth more than on the things of me, your Maker…
I often fear man and forget that I am to RELY on Jesus Christ for strength. And too often I fall into the temporal trap of focusing on things that are temporal= having my mind be on "the things of the earth more than the things of [my] Maker"!

Well it's a new day!! And I am all about making my brown arrow--become and achieving white -- the 2nd step of phase 2. To become spiritual once again!!

Jesus is the Christ! He lives! -- And I know it!