Wednesday, October 5, 2011

HEROS

I don't believe in coincidences. Therefore, everyone that comes in to my life comes for a reason. I have so found this to be true. I have had some great truths taught to me in the last few weeks...

ABOUT HEALING
In Florida last week (thank you mom and dad--LOVED IT!) I was helping take a gals picture outside the hotel and when I went to say goodbye I extended my hand to her. (I had just met her 4 mins prior to extending my hand.) She said, "No, NO! We are about healing." and with that she pulled me into a big hug. She was talking about her company and working with oils--but how true her statement was. We ARE about healing! May I be more quick to give hugs!

FASTING
In speaking with Kiss on the phone she mentioned that she has been fasting every week for someone we both love and admire. Her comment threw me off a bit, and I confirmed with her that she had been fasting every week for this loved one. She said yes. I have a deep testimony of fasting and on the mission I discovered the power of fasting weekly. This is not required, and some may frown on it, but the scriptures that said they would "fast oft" rang true to my soul, so weekly fasting has been a great part of my life... but to hear my sister share this with me, out of the blue, that she was fasting weekly for a loved one, I was deeply humbled and touched by her faith, love, and determination. She told me to the effect that although she could not change one's heart or desires, she could fast and pray for them often and give her faith to God to work any miracles He would like. I stand all amazed!

FATHER's REVELATION
During conference on Saturday, Brytt came over to me and was showing all that he was doing to organize his computer. As he was showing me his work files, church, files and family files, he pointed to a note he made. Now my eyes drifted down a few lines from his original note and I read the words he typed of an impression he had during conference about what to teach his children about who they are and what they are being prepared for/needed to do in this life. It was a very personal note, but my eyes became wet as this good father, was accessing revelation from God for and behalf of his family... oh the truths he will instill in his children because of the impressions he wrote down, and I know, will follow.

EXCITED FOR THE ETERNITIES
Meet Steve! This amazing guy types out his sentence to communicate. Tonight he typed about being excited for the increase in having children in the eternities and then he typed that he was very excited to be a brother and a father in the eternity. Now I don't know too much about Steve yet, so I don;t know if he is an only child, but for him to be so faithful and strong, loving and excited knowing he will get to be a father here after where his physical body will not allow him to do such now. I was moved at his excitement and complete joy for/in the future. What an example.

ASSIGNMENT
Sweet Marin found this paper her daughter had written in her computer yesterday. She had an assignment to do something out of her comfort zone... so what does she choose to do?! Goes to an assisted living residence. Her kindness and determination to do something outside her comfort zone--! Surely one of God's elect. Here is her experience with love(!):
My Comfort Zone
Olivia Barney B3
I walked into the Summerfield Assisted Living Facility feeling nervous. At 8:15 pm there was nobody out. I wish I had come here earlier. I thought to myself. I walked around the building for about 5-10 minutes. There was nobody to talk to. As I made a second trip around the building, I saw an old man who appeared to be about 10 years younger than he really was, emerging from his room.
“Hello,” he said.
“Hello, how are you?” I asked. He sat down in the chair outside of his room.
“Not very good, and I can’t get an aid to come help me.”
“Did you pull the cord?” I asked. I didn’t see the blinking light that signals for the workers to come.
“No” he said, “Do I have to?”
“Yeah, do you want me to?” This was my chance to start a conversation. He told me that he did want me to. After I did that favor for him, I sat down on the floor and introduced myself. He told me his name was John Botts. He told me that he was born in a small town in North Dakota. His father owned the biggest store in town, and his mother was good at saving money. He said that he was one of the more fortunate people at that time to have been able to go to college; He went to college in North Dakota.
“I met my wife at college, I miss her. I haven’t seen her in a long time.” He said with tears in his eyes. I wasn’t sure if she had died, or if he was just in such poor health that he was sent to live here and she lived somewhere else. I was going to ask my brother-in-law what happened when I got home because he worked at Summerfield. But later as I continued to talk to him, I found out that she had passed away 3 or 4 years ago. As I held his hand, he continued to talk to me about his life. He served in the army during World War II, on an island full of cannibals. My heart reached out to him as he told me about his 9 children and his wife. At one point, he couldn’t remember where she was. My heart sank as he told me how he didn’t think he was good for anything now that he was 89 years old. When I asked him if I could hug him, I almost cried when he replied with tears in his eyes, “Of course you can.” He told me that my visit with him had made him feel better, as he had felt so sick. At 9:15, I had to leave. As I left, I hugged him, promised to visit, and said: “I’m glad I met you.” Those words were not just to make him feel good; they were true. They are true—I meant every word. This report has helped me to realize that even the most simple things like listening to someone for forty-five minutes, can mean the world to someone else.
The willingness to share does not make one charitable; it makes one free.” ~Robert Brail. I will never forget this experience, thank you Miss Rowley for letting me do this. It has changed me. As I wrote this paper, I found this quote. I decided to live by this quote.
“I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something. And I will not let what I cannot do interfere with what I can do.” ~Edward Everett Hale.
Date I did this: October 3, 2011
Doesn't that just want to make you go and do something to serve/uplift someone?! It did me! And again with the woman in Florida wanting to give me a hug over a hand shake--"We are about healing"!

What an example you are Olivia!

There are a handful of others I could add from my family and friends. These are just fresh on my heart.

We just never know who is watching. And I for one am an observer of others. Oh I praise God for the examples he places in my life. There are no coincidences! General conference was amazing! I loved it! I am still chewing on how one is to teach like how the spirit teaches us. I LOVE being a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints!!! It was my choice, and it has been my decision to try to keep all the commandments of God as best I can. I LOVE having God apart of my every day life. I am not perfect, and have much to work on, but I love what freedoms, power, strength, wisdom, guidance, peace, and full fulfillment the gospel brings me!

He lives! AND He will come again sooner than later! Oh may I prepare!