Saturday, July 14, 2012

"Ready and worthy...whatever the Lord has in store"


  One of my friends was in a motorcycle accident this week. Brain damage and possibly (Docs are 95% sure) he will be paralyzed at least from the waist down. His family has started a blog to keep people updated (click here). I was deeply touched by a comment his mother made. (At least I think it is his mom):
"The care at this hospital has been so good. The support of family and friends can be felt and is appreciated. I know Brian is ready and worthy for whatever the Lord has in store for him." (emphasis added)
Her comment moved me. What great faith. What an attitude to take on, dispite the gloom that must be threatening to devour any faith. What trust in the Lord. What example to me.

Any prayers you would like to send up in Brian's behalf... I know they would be welcomed.

I am grateful for a Higher, UN-diluted by mortal minds, plan.