Thursday, July 26, 2012

NEVER GIVE UP

I have not kept up on my monthly Ensign reading due to self given challenge of studying a conference talk every day. I am having a WONDERFUL time studying the talks... however, I am missing not reading the monthly Ensign cover to cover. So one morning after all my study was done this week, I was impressed to read "Never Give Up" from the July Ensign. SOO GOOD! Click here to read!
 

I was deeply touched by the wife's testimony of not giving up - 35 years of persistent/active faith! And then to read the husband's story of how to become a non-fence sitter and as he says:
"There was another thing that was keeping me from joining the Church, something more serious: the sinful life I was leading. King Benjamin teaches us that “the natural man is an enemy to God … unless he yields to the enticings of the Holy Spirit” (Mosiah 3:19). I did not yield—I was sitting on the fence. The Savior said, “He that is not with me is against me” (Matthew 12:30). I realize now that because of the way I was living my life, I was against Him. I needed to change.
"I was living around the gospel but never actually living it, but as time went on, I started to feel the Spirit. I stopped partying and drinking. When I made that change, the Spirit started to manifest itself more frequently. I still wasn’t where I needed to be—my language wasn’t very good and I had some other bad habits to work on—but I was changing." --Al Fry
 The whole article- right down to Richard G. Scott's quote- moved me! Thank you Al and Eva Fry!

YUMM!
I work with wonderful people! ... this beautiful lunch was brought to me by Lynda Angelastro. I came in, and she had just picked a few zucchinis from her garden and brought them into me. She knows how much I love to eat them and don't/can't have a garden of my own where I live. What a sweetheart! Thank you Lynda and Mike!!

So if you would like a KILLER treat... mist those bad boys with some olive oil, shake garlic salt and some pepper over the top, and pop them in the oven @ 375 for a hour or so. If you like them crunchy, cook less time. I like mine cooked/soft all the way through. I keep them about 1/2 inch thick. Talk about HEAVEN IN YOUR MOUTH! Thank you again Lynda and Mike! Love you! And so does my stomach! :)


As a sweet note... one choice friend was sealed to her husband yesterday in the Timp temple. I know it is something she has dreamed about... so when they walked into the sealing room, I was overwhelmed with deep gratitude and emotion. I remembered the nights I prayed for this friend and in the past fasted for her.  I am sure she had her own prayers and fasts and I would guess the family members too.  ... To be there on such a day/moment...I have numbered the experience among the very choice moments of heaven that I have been allowed to witness. When I came through the line to hug her, I just wept and hug, and wept again. I love this daughter of God more than words can say. She Never gave up! She gave her dream patience.

How merciful and wonderful God's plan is!
I am grateful for reminders.