Saturday, November 21, 2020

Day 2 #GiveThanks

 I was putting Bugaboo down for his nap. As I went to shut the door he raised up in bed and looked concerned at my hand in the door. I wondered if he thought that I was going to shut my fingers in the door. I said good bye but he still had a look on his face that he wanted me to do something. He finally said, "Mom, do I love you sign." Then I realized he was trying his hardest with his two year old fingers to make "his" sign. My heart melted that he wanted me to do the sign. 

The other day in the car, I moved my mirror so that I could look at him and smile. He was working with his hands and I just smiled back not realizing what he was trying to do. After some "hard" work, his little exasperated voice came and said, "MOM teach! Teach, teach I love you sign, teach." Then I realized what he was trying to do with his hands. So I showed him how to do the I love you sign. 🤟🏼. 

I know what he was wanting me to do, but in my mind I seemed to hear was that I should teach him how to love. Teach him how to show love. Teach him how to receive love. Typing this out seems a bit funny as he is a toddler. HE is the one who can teach me a thing or twenty about love. And yet what am I teaching, by my actions, reactions, or non-actions about my love and God's love? 

Today I am thankful for a little boy who wants me to say I love you.

#GiveThanks


 Happinesis:  a little beautiful four year old saying, " Heavenly Father loves you" with her own I love you sign... on my 38th birthday. What a profound gift.