Sunday, November 22, 2020

DAY 3 _ HE, IS, BESIDE US[me]. HYMN 93 #GiveThanks MUSIC

Today was Sunday #2 of no singing or even humming--but my heart was more at peace with the notion. The opening hymn was Prayer of Thanksgiving. We pulled out our hymn books that we take in our diaper bag as a habit of wanting to be able to read the words with our our young children and not have them think we are on our "phones". 

My eyes became wet as I read through the start of verse two: 

Beside us to guide us, our God with us joining, 

Ordaining, maintaining his kingdom divine;

So from the beginning the fight we were winning;

Thou, Lord, wast at our side;

All glory be thine!

Beside US [me, my family and the little COVID respecting, distancing, mask wearing congregation, the world] to guide us, our God with us joining. In those words, I almost could not see or sing them in my heart as my eyes were blurred...but it was as if the Lord himself was reminding/saying to my heart, He was beside us/me, joining with me in the silence of listening when we can't sing. Being beside me through the craziness of the days.  It was a beautiful impression. 

Church was wonderful! I am so thankful I was able to partake of the sacrament. When the sacrament cloth covering is gently laid over the bread and water--sometimes a wrinkle comes up in how the fabric settles.  I am always filled with gratitude when a deacon or priest will take notice and take the time to smooth it out. It is a reminder to me the tenderness we should keep of love and adoration for the ultimate sacrifice of Jesus Christ and His atoning body/blood. 

The speakers were sublime, inspired, and obviously worked to have the spirit as they prepared and shared. Their messages were of hope and gratitude focused in and on the Savior. I wish all my family could have been there to hear their words as I have done a somewhat poor job trying to retell their talks! 

In between the talks, was a father daughter duet on the piano of My Heavenly Father Loves Me. which my little two year old started to sing in our pew. 😍 


This is a recording of Alan Walker (my friend's visiting dad) playing at a different ward meeting... but this is the song he and Mallory played today. It is beautiful! And what they were playing about [lyrics below] is equally beautiful. Thank you for sharing your gifts of music!

1. Whenever I hear the song of a bird
Or look at the blue, blue sky,
Whenever I feel the rain on my face
Or the wind as it rushes by,
Whenever I touch a velvet rose
Or walk by our lilac tree,
I’m glad that I live in this beautiful world
Heav’nly Father created for me.

2. He gave me my eyes that I might see
The color of butterfly wings.
He gave me my ears that I might hear
The magical sound of things.
He gave me my life, my mind, my heart:
I thank him rev’rently
For all his creations, of which I’m a part.
Yes, I know Heav’nly Father loves me.

The whole meeting was a spiritual feast. Thank you Heavenly Father, for letting me get to partake in such beauty church meeting.




  Happiness is: this statement from my four year old. Never-mind that it was at 5:30  this morning.  They put their chairs in a circle and each had a copy of  The Book of Mormon... Oh, the tenderness--seeing them "study" my favorite book!