Friday, November 20, 2020

President Russell M. Nelson on the Healing Power of Gratitude​ #GiveThanks

#GiveThanks

Hello my friends... it has been five-ish years since I have posted on here! Much has happened. 

I found out a week ago that President Nelson was going to share a movie with the world... and I have looked forward to this day with much anticipation, and my soul has rejoiced!

President Nelson requested for seven days to make our social media turn into our gratitude journal. I closed my Facebook a while ago and I pondered if I was to open it back in an effort to do my contribution of sharing. My mind came to this blog.... this blog that has so many bits and pieces of my soul and study all over it. This blog took a back burner and then a near extinction. But like finding an old friend, the Lord has soothed my soul with past "journal" entries on here that I had forgotten and even reading, can't remember happening. There is defiantly power in recording the God moments in our lives. 

GRATITUDE JOURNAL 
So I start off this seven-day venture with thanks to GOD for allowing me to hear a prophet of the Lord pray! We have some beautiful stories of prayers in the scriptures and even pieces of when the Savior prayed, but rare the full details. 

Today, I feel overwhelmed to know that God has a living prophet on the earth today. Just like Adam was a prophet, Noah, Abraham, Moses--for their day to lead and be God's mouthpiece on the earth, I know that President Russell M. Nelson is God's ordained, and chosen by God, prophet. I am filled with gratitude for the technology that allows me to get to hear from him outside of the scheduled General Conference message. I felt it was a sacred privileged to be allowed to hear how he prays. I pictured in my mind's eye that I was in the temple as he prayed. I rejoice that God has not left us alone to wander and wonder!



 Happinesis:  a little four year old coming up and asking if she can wipe down the stairs and banisters for me. ❣️😍 And if that wasn't enough she then asked if she could wipe down the walls and the cabinets. Yes, PLEASE! What a sweetheart.