Sunday, May 6, 2012

Hand-cuffs, Blindfolds, and a Backward Grannys!




So I have spent a few months getting ready for our Leadership Conference. 52 energetic women from all over the US and Canada came together for a three night stay in Park City. Among all the little details to get ready for, I needed to plan and prepare our company outing to Jupiter Bowling Facility. (Notice I didn’t say bowling ally—when doing the inspection the manager quickly corrected Patti and I when we called the place an “ally”. :) Apparently when you have a full bar and restaurant inside, the correct lingo is Bowling “Facility” Who would have thought?! :D )

Truth—I could not grasp how to plan for the evening. I couldn’t wrap my brain around the teams/how it would all come together. Seems like not a big deal, but for seriously three weeks, as I tried to come up with the logistics of the evening—nothing came/was coming. I started praying for God to help inspire me or someone… and inspire He did!

God placed a friend on my path, that seriously after seven mins of chatting with him about my needs for the evening… he shared some ideas and literally gave me a jump on the whole company night. No more than seven mins of conversation, my stewed over problem of three weeks, was completely solved!  I think my friend became a little embarrassed with how excited I was with his ideas and he ended the conversation with, “Well, you will figure it out, YOU are the event planner.” :) His few mins of chatting with me, was an answer to much prayer! He will count it as just shooting the breeze, however, I count it as a direct tender mercy/answer from God!

The whole event went well, but the bowling night was a huge highlight and all my gals had a great time!


 We had a blind fold round, and a hand-cuff round. A granny shot and a backwards granny shot round. We had a "do your best disco move" before bowling with your non-dominant hand round!  And my personal favorite was a TEAM LINE UP-- where everyone had to bowl through the the legs of their teammates. This round, some bowled and some crawled through their team's legs. Needless to say it was hilarious to watch!
Team Line Up
Hand-cuff Wonders
Blindfold Spin! (Believe it or not, I actually had a gal hit nine pins down on this round! MOST team balls, ended in early gutters and a handful of balls jumped lanes/hitting brick walls!  And no, I didn't give the Bowling facility the heads up of what our plans for the evening was!)
The evening was a blast! Everyone had a really good time. The whole time I was snapping away pictures, I kept thanking God over and over for my favorite friend He placed to answer my many prayers!


Big or small, it really doesn’t matter. God knows the intents of our heart. How thankful I am that He places answers in the form of good people along my path! From my boss, who not only believes in me, but also happens to be one of my best friends, to all those who helped behind the scenes to make the event come together, to my friend that helped me figure out the bowling dilemma...


God answers prayers!