Tuesday, May 22, 2012

HE WILL TAKE CARE OF OUR TOMORROWS--trust/have faith in Him, TODAY.

I read this article today (click here) on a man's journey with same-sex attraction and how He exercised faith/trust in God and faith/trust in keeping the commandments, regardless of temptations. His courage to share as he calls "witness", moved me.

He shared: 
"In this area and so much of my life, I feel I’ve had to live the principle President Boyd K. Packer taught of going to “the edge of the light and [stepping] into the darkness to discover that the way is lighted ahead for just a footstep or two” (That All May Be Edified (1982), 340). We have to put Him first today, taking the necessary steps of faith today, and simply trust Him to take care of tomorrow. It’s only been through my learning and living that principle that the Lord has slowly been revealing to me His plan for my life."
    --Ty Mansfield

How this rings true with what I need to do with my own trials. Put God first today, excising faith today and trusting that He will take care of my tomorrow. Ty's story/experiences gives my own Gethsemane hope!! (And no, I do not deal with same-sex attraction. But everyone one has something(s) that is(are) thorn(s) of the flesh, and Ty's words can be applied to ANY thorn!)

So my new quote for the back of my phone cover!
 


FIGHT 2 THE FINISH
I have a friend, Heidi Arave, who has shared with me the journey of her friends as their son has been battling liver cancer. This sweet family lost their son Sunday... and the blog post by the mom on Sunday is not only inspiring, but a beautiful testimony/reminder of Heavenly Father's ultimate plan of happiness.

This is what the mother posted the day her son passed:
Tyler returned home early this morning to his loving Father in Heaven after courageously battling liver cancer.  He fought valiantly to stay here and we are relieved that he is not trapped in his diseased body any longer.  We know he is free of pain of suffering and is happy to begin his new work in heaven.
As I was laying there last night watching Tyler struggle to leave, or to stay, I’m not sure which he was fighting for, I remembered a quote that my friend Ashley posted when her sweet Preslee passed away.  I knew there was one thing we had not completely given to Heavenly Father – our will.
Elder Neal A. Maxwell rightly said: “The
submission of one’s will is really the only uniquely personal thing we
have to place on God’s altar. The many other things we ‘give’ … are
actually the things He has already given or loaned to us.”
Tyler was never ours to keep here.  He was a gift to our family to bless us for a short time.  As soon as Darren and I let Heavenly Father know we had accepted His will and it was okay for Tyler to go, he was finally able to have peace.  We know the promise of peace is ours because of the Savior’s gift to us and that we will someday be reunited with our sweet boy and see his amazing smile when he greets us.
We are overwhelmed with the love we feel from friends, family, and community.  Please know that our family has accepted the plan for Tyler, and although our hearts are broken and the pain is more than we can explain, Heavenly Father has sent the Comforter to help us get through this.  Tyler, we love you with all our hearts.  Thanks for teaching so many what it really means to “Fight To The Finish”.  (Click here to read the blog.)
My prayers are going up for Tyler's family. What examples of Christ!

God bless the GREAT, Plan of Happiness! He will make a way for us. Help us fulfill the measure of our creation. God bless those who live their life in courage despite great odds. God's children, are awesome! I stand all amazed.