Sunday, May 6, 2012

Part 1 of the 3 Part Challenge!


Are you up for the challenge?!

This is a 5 month challenge!

Hopefully you have received your Conference Ensign...

The over all challenge is to read a General Conference talk every day for five months/until Oct's General Conference. In the past, I have read the Conference Ensign, every day until it is finished... then, I have re-read the Ensign about 35 days before the next conference. BUT WHAT ABOUT IN BETWEEN?

I heard Sheri Dew take on the challenge of reading/listening to a conference talk every day in between the six months of conference. I have never done it, so... I am going to try it!
Challenge 1: Read the Conference Ensign cover to cover (I am a week into this, and again, it is just soo good!) 
Challenge 2: After the May Ensign has been read, pick from favorite Conference talks in the past/let God impress on your mind the talks He would have you read and read at least one talk each day.
Challenge 3: 38 days before Oct's conference,  re-read the Conference talks from the May's Ensign. 
What do I hope to gain?

This tree is known as the bride tree at temple square, where couples would come sit on the branches. The tree is VERY old and cannot support its own limbs. You can see (there are at least 4) metal support beams holding up the limbs of the tree, sustaining the tree, allowing the tree to continue growth.

I believe that studying General Conference talks will be and do the same thing for me! The talks will act as beams of support... strengthening me through the next five months, allowing/providing the support to help me continue to grow as God would have me grow. Davey wisely put it, that what we receive in General Conference--is what God would have us apply to our lives/is the council for the next six months of our life. (Amen Davey!)

So who's up for this 5 month challenge?! :D  You are welcome to join me!

Q: What if I don't care for reading? Can I listen to a talk a day?
A: Go for it! (You can download a podcast and listen to it that way if you want to listen.)
Q: What if I miss a day and/or fall behind.
A: Elder Holland said, "His [God's] concern is for the faith at which you finally arrive, not the hour of the day in which you got there." : D

To listen/read April's Conference Click Here.
For all Conference's to choose from Click Here.

Q: What if this little challenge was life changing?
A: Blessed is the life that gets strengthened/changed for the better!!

What can it hurt?! There are only things to be gained!
JOIN ME! :D