Wednesday, May 2, 2012

"THE ONLY WAY TO GET THROUGH LIFE IS TO LAUGH YOUR WAY THROUGH IT. YOU EITHER HAVE TO LAUGH OR CRY. I PREFER TO LAUGH. CRYING GIVES ME A HEADACHE."-- Marjorie Pay Hinckley

(Missed you Carson, Tay and Kiss!)

Love Marjorie Hinckley's Quote! And after reading my sister-in-laws blog, I just about died laughing. Oh the joys that come in little package. All three of the cute kiddos talked about below are in the picture above. And after reading this very entertaining blog on my niece and nephews... Sister Hincley's quote deserves an AMEN! :D

Wednesday, April 25, 2012 
T-ball and Pink Eye and a little bit of Poop!
My little one is beginning T-ball.  This is kind of a first for our little family.  In the past I have really enjoyed throwing around a baseball with my boys and like every good mother feel the world has been conquered when they finally HIT the ball!  I was however a little curious as to how my son felt about playing for the first time (nervous, etc).  I had to laugh when he said.  "I'm so excited! I'm going to hit the ball, catch the ball, get every body out." And then practically shouting with his fingers in the air, "I'm going to be AMAAAAAAZING!"  Then he proceeded to do his version of the John Travolta with both pointer finger poking the air!  I loved his confidence and enthusiasm.  It reminded me how we all must have viewed what marriage would be like.... motherhood.... or possibly out careers before we were actually up to our eyeballs in them.  We had all of the enthusiasm and confidence in the world.  And then, years later (sometimes more, sometimes less) with bumps, bruises, at times sad hearts, we forget that we even had those moments.  Maybe we all just need to get up in the morning, jut out a knee, throw our pointer fingers in the air and tell ourselves, "I AM going to be AMAAAAAAZING!" And then go back to bed, LOL!

My daughter on the other hand also gave me a chuckle.  One of those don't laugh out loud because you don't want her to know you thought it was funny laughs.  She has pink eye, and out of sheer desperation I HAD to take her to the store.  Fearing that she would spread it I told her, "you may NOT TOUCH ANYTHING! okay sweetie!"  To which there came a pause, followed by the quiet question, "Can my sandles touch the floor?..... can I breath? Because I might die."  The innocence of children.

Last and not all... the poop on the potty!  I could hear the water running in the bathroom so I went upstairs to investigate. (we mothers are quite the investigators!) I found my son squatting on the counter, washing his hands.  "Hey bud, time to turn it....... Why is there poop on the counter?" I asked.  "And why don't you have pants or underwear?" My eyes began to broaden their circle of recognition.  "(Gasp) Why is there poop on the rug? (Much bigger gasp) And why is there poop all over the toilet seat?!?  What happened buddy!" His reply.  "Well mom, I had an accident."  I quickly scanned for the underwear.  No where to be found.  "Where are your underwear?"  "They are in my room."  "Did you have an accident in your room?"  "No, I had an accident on the stairs."  "You went poop in your underwear on the stairs!"  "No.     I had an accident on the stairs, took my underwear off in my room and then got poop on my hands, so mom..... I did the right thing.... and I'm washing my hands!"  All I can say is Holy Talidoes!    (click here for "This Happy Mom" blog)

"The only way to get through life is to laugh your way through it. You either have to laugh or cry. I prefer to laugh. Crying gives me a headache."
-- Marjorie Pay Hinckley

AMEN! :D I love my family! Thanks for the post Jinger!